
I am SURE most of us are pretty ready to say goodbye to all these signs. I am. And I am ready to say goodbye to my 10-15 phone calls PER DAY telling me to vote for so and so. Though today, even up until 7:00 P.M. the phone was ringing off the hook. 18 phone calls today. SOOOOOOO annoying. Now if only I got that many REAL phone calls! :)
But no matter who called or came, I made my decision and went to vote. I was surprised that there wasn't even a line! Okay, I confess...it WAS 6:45 A.M. :) But I had to go when I could since it's Brandon's day to have the car. I considered taking a fun picture of myself with my little voting sticker, but as I rolled out of bed at 6:30 a.m. and took my puffy eyeballs and wrinkled clothes to the polls, I decided against such a decision. And in the end, they forgot to give me the cute little sticker anyway. Phooey.
I came home and got ready for the day--I am feeling the post-vacation lull and found myself wanting to drown my woes with some Halloween candy. As I searched the bags, nooks and crannies of our sweet stash, all I could find were CANDY BARS, chocolate, and suckers. I was plain ticked off! :) All I wanted was something fruity and chewy. What ever happened to the good ol' candy??? The vanilla tootsie rolls and dots?? But no. All we managed to get were a bunch of CANDY BARS. :) Okay, really I can't complain. I just was blown away at what kinds of candy we collected this year...it is all stuff we DREAMED of getting as kids, but now as an adult I long for the stuff I got as a kid!
As I was drowning my sorrows with the mini bag of skittles I managed to find, I got 8 emails...all charging me for "lost" items that were never returned to the library. I was frantic! I hadn't realized I had that many items overdue--or for that long!
What blows me away is that JUST LAST MONTH when the librarian commented to me that I could check out items until I had more than a $10 in fines. I laughed and said (and I quote) "I can't imagine how ANYONE would actually have MORE than $10.00 in FINES! I know I never will!"
What blows me away is that JUST LAST MONTH when the librarian commented to me that I could check out items until I had more than a $10 in fines. I laughed and said (and I quote) "I can't imagine how ANYONE would actually have MORE than $10.00 in FINES! I know I never will!"
Eating my words this very evening...yes, my friends...you are looking at the blog of the girl who has $20.80 in late fees. I about hit the floor when they told me. I have NO idea how I missed so many items, but this evening they are all safe and sound in their rightful places on the shelves of the Cuyahoga County Library and my pocket is $20 emptier...
Maybe I need to knock on harder wood...or maybe I just need to return all my books on time. :)
16 comments:
$20 bucks in late fee's! Wow, your library is harsh! Thats more than late fees at the movie store! :)
I'm in the same boat. I need to remember to either renew my books or read to Aaron faster! (He likes me to read to him and he is into Dean Koontz.) Off to the library to pay some fines...
Lucky you, I wish I could vote, theres something that bothers me about not being able to have some say in what happens to my future, oh well I geuss I've got next election. Bummer about the fines, the same kind of thing has happened to me before.
I'm so ready to bid farewell to all this campaigning jazz too. The phone calls in particular were annoying, but I don't think I ever got as many as you! Can't wait to see the outcome of this election fiasco.
Oh, I can NEVER return a library book on time! I don't know what's wrong with me! But 20 bucks? Wow! They must have some steep late fees!
Ouch! We don't get charged for late books, they just send a couple notices. And if we don't bring them back after the second notice, Mark's commander is notified. That's not a good thing. That kind of goes as a little black spot on his file. We don't forget books very often!
I think I got maybe 2 phone calls. And I believe they were automated. Oh, the joys of living in a tiny town! I too am glad all this campaigning stuff is over.
Wowzer with the library! I just found out ours will send e-mails when things are overdue. Also, they often have book sales or special days when they do a courtesy 'wiping of the slate', so that's what I try to do.
hee hee. we have a $10 fine on one of our library cards. I missed renewing some movies and at $1/day per movie, it added up quickly!!
Ouch! Sorry about the fines. We have $2.45...not quite $20 so I won't complain.
By the way, I love your ABC's post. Very creative and sums everything up really well.
6:45 a.m. to vote? I didn't know the polls were open that early! Hey, I'm sure our family has made the Springville Library rich. We always have fines - you'd think we'd learn.......
I always manage to rack up late fees, as well. I've also been known to avoid the library completely for MONTHS, because you can't borrow books once your fines hit $10.
I'm such an example... my poor kids! :)
That's so funny! I think I am banned from the Idaho Falls library. I lost our books for about a month and don't even want to know how much the fees were. So now I go to the Shelley library :) I can't believe you were getting so many phone calls! That is crazy! That's what you get for living in such an important state! Thank goodness it's over!!
I am so glad the election is over. I was ready to be done with all of the political analyizing and such. I have had $25 in fines before at the library. I was shocked that a few books could cost so much. We were out of town and forgot to return when we got back. I also had to "buy" some books because we just couldn't find them. We use the boys' library at school now! :)
my sister takes the cake in library fines. i have never seen someone rack up so many late fees so definitely DON'T take any advice from her!
wowser.
I thought the IF library was strict when they gave me the wrong due date and still charged me OVERDUE fees!
Crazy people, I think it is a scam to get the library more funds.
Tell the patrons the wrong due date.
i feel your pain rachel! it's funny and kind of dumb, but i am the all-time queen of library late fees!!! i wont embarass myself and say how much i've racked up in fines over the years, but lets just say you'd b shocked! lol.....and in canada, the late fees are a lot more... so dont feel too bad :)
Post a Comment