Sunday, November 2, 2008

Like coming down off a sugar high...

I know that pretty much everyone has given up hope that I would be back. But tonight my house is quiet...bags have been packed and taken home, goodbyes said, miles flown and driven. It's officially over...8 glorious funfilled days spent with family...cousins, nieces and nephews, in-laws, brothers...we had so much fun together.

But now it's back to real life...to long days, to packing and cleaning, and to lonliness. It's kind of fun to have someone around most of the time to chat with and help take care of things together...and I am definitely going to miss that. This past week could totally be compared with loading up on candy...enjoying and savoring each sweet piece. And then suddenly your bag of treats is empty. You go for a short while on that buzz until you finally CRASH. :)

This week might involve a small crash.

I am already missing cramming people into my small kitchen to eat. And I am already missing having someone always driving behind me on our way to any destination. And I am especially missing multiple pints of Ben & Jerry's and late night popcorn and movies.

I am frantically trying to sort through pictures, scale down the massive amount I WANT to post and put only the few that I have TIME to post. And somehow, life was not considerate enough to stand still so I could stay caught up on everything else I have to get done. :)

I think I have most of the picture a day challenge pictures posted, and tomorrow will be the mother of all posts...seriously. :)

13 comments:

Katy said...

ah yes, getting back to "homeostasis" it's not that fun! Can't wait to see some of the highlights!

princess jen said...

Oh, I've missed you!!!!

zealygirl said...

glad you're back!

Kathy Whittle said...

You're so fortunate to have had so much company come to visit. How fun!!!

Michelle said...

I love your "fall" picture, by the way.

I enjoy having folks visit. Then after a while, I wouldn't mind my house getting back to normal. Then they actually leave and the house feels too empty and "what do I do?" kind of. It always takes me a week or so to recover from company and get things back to normal and functioning again.

Glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time. :-)

campblondie said...

There is always that lull huh? Turn on some music and dance around your house with your kids, there's something that is more fun with less people!

The Wyler Family said...

i'm glad you're back. i love all the pics of the day. can't wait to see your other updates. i hope you have a great and productive week!

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

I remember those days when we lived far far away from famiy. It really was like a sugar high. The next week or so was so depressing. I wish that I had blogging back then it really has helped me feel like I am getting to know some of you that I have never met and some of you that I have but just for a moment. Try and have a good week though Rachel!

Sarah said...

Glad you guys had fun. I can't wait to read about everything and see the rest of your pictures, especially from your trip.

Kris said...

what a cute way to do a post. It looks like you had tons of fun! I so want to go to Palmyra and do the fun stuff there, we will hopefully get a chance soon. How far of a drive is it from you to Palmyra? Just curious how far it would be for us.
And to answer your question that you asked on my blog... YES we did the 3 hours out to Peoria, slept, then did the almost 3 to Nauvoo and 3 back to Peoria that same day, then again the next day 3 out to Nauvoo and the 5 1/2 all the way back home. We were crazy but it worked out okay!

Lacy said...

That was a cute abc post idea. Thanks for sharing your trip, it's almost like we were there -- minus the long drive and sound effects ...and food i guess, ok not just like we were there but I enjoyed it none the less.

Mary said...

Great post! Fantastic pictures as usual. You guys have so much fun all the time!!