Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow day and outside play


It's been a while since I did a post on our day to day stuff...I've kind of missed picking up my camera so much. I actually HAVE taken a picture a day, but I got so behind that I decided just to post them all in whatever random order they were posted in. Sorry for the picture overload today (if you're on google reader!) :) (p.s. blogger is being lame and won't let me upload more pictures to this post, so I am posting without them...) :)


But either way, I haven't taken nearly as many pictures as usual lately. So today, when we woke up to a world of white and the kids headed out in full snow gear first thing, I felt that "snapshot" spark in me again...


Jenna immediately tried to build a snowman--and with the snow melting fairly quickly, a snowman was not necessarily gonna happen, or at least last very long. She played outside alone for almost an hour. Kaden didn't last long at all. He ran out for a few minutes but ran IN and stripped off his snow pants, boots, and coat saying how cold he was. Funny thing is that he ran out later with NO COAT, NO SNOW PANTS, NO SHOES OR SOCKS, and was FINE!

cRaZy KiD!


It snowed (flurried) most of the day--it almost felt surreal. Is it really time for winter weather?? But the snow melted quickly...just leaving a cold, wet mess.


My sweet Spencer went to bed last night at 7:30 and woke up this morning at almost 9:00 a.m.! I can't believe it! PLEASE, PLEASE say the curse of the midnight waker is over! It would have been a great night's rest if Kaden hadn't waken up at 4...I have felt icky and nauseous ever since then. You know that headache that just won't go away?? Blech!


In one more piece of news, I made beef & broccoli and egg rolls for dinner...it was so tasty. Really hit the spot. But almost all my spices and cooking aids are packed now--and I think that was officially my last real meal to be made in this house. Everything else on the menu I made and froze ahead to try to make life easier. Kind of sad to think of the end of our time here...this was our first place out here and we have so many memories.
Sigh...
Always have to let go and move on. People, places, things. Why is that so hard??? You think it would get easier after you do it so many times...

12 comments:

Melinda said...

How fun! We got flurries, but nothing that stuck. Lucky. Glad you enjoyed it!

princess jen said...

We actually warmed up a bit today! So nice. I'm not ready for snow and I'm glad we've only had one snow storm that left anything so far. I'm sure it will start in earnest fairly soon though. I'm glad that you were able to get so much cooking done ahead of time. You are a SUPERWOMAN!

Our Little Family said...

You are so great to still be cooking! I love how well you plan things out (even though you are working with Plan UNKNOWN right now!!)

Good luck this week! I will be thinking about you and praying the inspection passes and things go smoothly! Well as smoothly as moving goes! :)

Doug and Mallena said...

SNOW! They are predicting some for our weather, but I'm hoping it won't hit us. Funny how I can't wait to get back to Rexburg, but I don't want snow here. :)

Camille said...

No snow here yet! And that is the best snowman I have seen this year. The first and the best! You can let Jenna know your blog friends are very impressed.

The Wyler Family said...

i'm glad you guys had fun out in the snow. we didn't go out... just admired it from inside. :)

JLMartin said...

It can't believe that its almost Thanksgiving because we've been back in shorts the last couple of days...I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 days of snow....

Katy said...

The major difference between an Idahoan and an Ohioan: The Ohioan is surprised that MID November is already bringing snow?! and the Idahoan is thinking, "ohmygosh, No snow and it's already MID November?!" Love the sad little snowman, so adorable! I also am getting some mad-Chinese food cravings, thankyouverymuch!

Lacy said...

I have been internet absent for a week and a half and hust found out that you're moving. I have lots of mixed emotions for you. ick, moving in the slush and snow, to a house that isn't ready for you yet, that doesn't sound fun. However, you're moving into a BRAND NEW house?!? so exciting! I love the idea of a move, starting fresh, keeping the things you liked about your old life and ditching the things you didn't. But I have empathy because even with the excitement of starting over there is the anxiety and a little bit of fear. I definitely feel for you, the good and bad.

The life of Jayne said...

SNOW! WOW, I bet your kids had a blast!

Good luck w/ the move!

campblondie said...

When I look at pictures with snow it's hard for me to believe I live on that same planet. I was thinking jeans might be too hot today.

Ryann said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Instead of snow, we have 60 degree weather with no jackets and short sleeved shirts! That is so funny that your little boy was done in five minutes. Sounds like my kids!

Oh, and I added your blog to my favorites, if you don't mind. I mean, I only check her daily and write here all the time!