
I would say it's been an a-okay day. I would also say that this is the first time in a LONG time that I feel truly satisfied with myself at the end of the day. It isn't about expecting perfection from myself on a day to day basis. It is just feeling like I have let myself down so much lately by getting so overwhelmed and stressed out. I feel like my kids have suffered because of that.
But today, even though things are still stressful and unsure and overwhelming, I felt like I gave my kids what they needed. Time. Love. Attention. Don't get me wrong. We still used our electronic babysitter our fair share today while I got things done around the house. But we read, we talked, we looked at toy magazines (and yes, Jenna's Christmas list grew and grew...at least while she had sight of the "cool" things) and the kids helped me pack up some of the toys and change the sheets in Kaden's room. They jumped on the bed and played silly together and we sang songs.
And it made me feel good. Content.
During one of these moments, Jenna smiled and said "mom, you make my heart super-duper happy".
It made me chuckle.
My sweet Jenna...you make my heart super-duper happy too... Especially today.
:)
15 comments:
Ooohh...ahhh...the first comment on Rachel's blog. It must be my lucky day. I am so glad today was a good day. I hope tomorrow is just as wonderful. I love the picture of Jenna. You always take such good photos, of course, the fact that you have darling children helps the cause too.
Cute picture, and what a happy thing to hear Jenna say! She's so cute.
I gave you an award, over on my food blog. :-)
*SIGH* that was a full on body relief sigh... I love great days like these... where at the end of the day, you just say, AL-RIIIIIIIGHT!
That is such a cute photo of Jenna!! You make my heart super duper happy too! BTW, thanks for your sweet comment about Grace. Too bad she's his cousin....
I love how well you express what I think so many of us feel EVERY DAY! We want to do more and be the best we can and at the end of the day it doesn't seem like we have done enough! But I think you are TOTALLY right about being content with what we've done! Thanks for your GREAT example, I am going to try and do my best and be happy, even if everything didn't get accomplished!
so happy that you had a great day!
I love how they can make you feel so special with one little comment, and they don't even know how it affected you. Such sweet innocence! I am glad that you had a good day. You deserve a good day after all you are going through. I hope your move goes well.
That's the PERFECT thing to hear! How sweet. Glad you got cheered up and were able to work with your kids!
Awww, don't they just make your heart melt sometimes!
I LOVE days like that. I know exactly what you're talking about.
Isn't it amazing how such small things can make your heart so full? There's a scripture reference in there, I just know it. *wink*
What a sweetheart! She made my heart melt! Isn't it amazing how those tiny little pieces of perfection always know when to say the most innocent & heart-warning thing at the right moment?
That's why God gave mothers children.
Hang in there...the stress will die down eventually!
Call me...ASAP!
I am so glad you record things like this. It truly is a precious moment to cherish.
What a great smile that girl has! I think she could brighten the whole world with that grin. You two are lucky to have eachother.
I've got a lot of catching up to do! This is a beautiful picture!
Post a Comment