Sunday, November 23, 2008

Aquarium Adventures

On Saturday it was snowing--again. And to be honest, I NEEDED to get out with the kids. We have been inside much of the week, packing and getting things done here and I think we all hit a breaking point. :) So after driving around for a while killing time while the kids slept, we stopped at a store I found the other day called Aquarium Adventures. It was SO COOL! Now call me cheap, but I was so excited that since it was a store, it was free to browse. :) The kids LOVED looking at all the fish--big ones, small ones, colored onces, albinos--they loved it! Row after row of fishtanks...

We will definitely do this again this winter!











Being around all these fish sparked my interest in possibly taking one of these critters home. But after the 20 minute shpeal about the upkeep and cost of saltwater fish (namely Nemo) and then another 10 minute discussion about the cons of a tiny little kiddie fish tank, and I decided that fish are just not for us right now. :) We will just keep going back to visit--and next time I won't ask about buying one. :)
Our next stop was a mattress store. We checked out all the beds, futons, and bed frames, and the kids got red balloons. :) I was glad we were the only people in the store and the employee let the kids be kids.
It felt so good to be out again. I really can't wait until we are settled and can get back in the swing of things...

8 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

The favorite thing my kids love doing is after I drag them through the torture of JoAnn's fabric, they get to go to the pet store next door. They have puppies, birds, kittens and fish, ohh my. I love it cause it's free! It also exposes the kids to different animals that I know will never, EVER live in our home.... EVER..(aka..snakes/lizards)

Charlotte said...

We frequent the pet store here... free & fun- you can't beat it.

Esther said...

That looks like an awesome place to go. You are always finding the neatest places. I wish there were more here.

Doug and Mallena said...

Were there any tears when you left the fish store? It looks like fun, but I'm sure I'd have one little girl in tears because she wants a fish "SO BAD"! I'd also have a husband trying to convince me that he would do the cleaning of the fish tank. YEAH RIGHT!! I haven't been married for 7 years and not learned anything. :)

Katy said...

*sigh* oh Rexburg, when OH WHEN, will you catch up with the times??? You live in the coolest city ever!

The Waters family said...

if you are really interested in a fish the way to go is a beta fish, they DON'T DIE!! I tried killing ours and it wouldn't die! They are a fresh water fish, can live in a small tank and very LOW maintanence...Just a thought :)

Wolfley Family said...

We do the same thing - the kids absolutely love to got to PetCo to look at the animals :) Nice, CHEAP way to enjoy a bit of time :)

Wolfley Family said...

We do the same thing - the kids absolutely love to got to PetCo to look at the animals :) Nice, CHEAP way to enjoy a bit of time :)