Thursday, November 27, 2008

MUCH to be thankful for.

We have much to be thankful for...and being Thanksgiving it seems appropriate to take note that we have truly been blessed.
Blessed with:
-FAMILY. And those we surround ourselves with who act as a different kind of family.
-Internet. And a phone again. It's nice to have contact with the outside world!
-A home to live in. A home that has had a lot of TLC put into it, just for us. A home that has AMAZING insulation and great heat. A home that has wood floors that clean up easy and a giant master bedroom that I have no idea what to do with. :)
-Things coming together at the right time. Like, being able to move on Monday. This was HUGE for us because we really needed it to happen. Somehow things came together and it all worked out. And when we moved in a realized we couldn't get our queen box springs up the stairs, we miraculously found someone that same day who was selling a split box spring (looks like a king box spring, but fits a queen bed) that was only a third of what we would have had to pay brand new. Just lots of little things like that...
-A place to go for Thanksgiving dinner. We are still very much in boxes...and I don't even think I have a cube of butter in my fridge. A nice family we go to church with invited us for dinner, which was SO thoughtful. She handled it all--well, we DID throw together a green bean casserole (thank you food storage!). We had a wonderful dinner and dessert. It was so nice to not be alone and to share such a delicious meal together.
-Children
-Health
-talents and abilities
-each other....
-And for life. And love.
-And many, more things.

Yes, today...this Thanksgiving day, I know I am indeed blessed.

6 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

Welcome back! I'm glad that things seem to have worked out so well. I'm sure you glossed over some of the details, but I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound. I can't wait to see pictures of the master bedroom with so much room you don't know what to do with. :)

princess jen said...

I missed you! I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving. I should go to bed now because I'm getting up at 3:30 to head over to Kohl's!! Can't wait to see more photos of your new place. Have fun unpacking!

Melinda said...

So glad the move went well and that you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with friends! I'm looking forward to seeing this TLC-ed house that you're loving!

Katy said...

I'm so thankful the house thing sorted itself out just in time!! I'm also thankful for you and all the life experiences you share with us!

The Wyler Family said...

awesome! i'm glad everything is working out so well. i can't wait to see your new place... sounds great!

Ivy & Mae said...

yay for being moved in.