
I had the craziest conversation with Jenna yesterday. The boys were laying down for naps and I was dying to sneak a snooze in myself. I got her ready to lay down and she insisted she couldn't because she WANTED TO DO A CHORE!
I was quite surprised. Chores?
When I asked what she meant, she responded "I want to do a chore to mark it off on a chart. I want to scrub the bathroom and wipe the table."
I told her I really wanted to take a nap and I could help her when we all got up. She again insisted that she wanted to do it alone.
I gave in, and got her some cleaner and a wet rag. She was SO proud showing me how she could scrub the toilet. I don't think a mom could have been prouder than I was that very moment!
How long will this cleaning streak last?? Right now I am living in a dream and not wantin' to wake up!
15 comments:
Love that! She need to come teach Hailey how to clean the toilet. That would be AWESOME!
That is awesome! I can only hope that my kids will be so willing to help. I am still trying to get my husband to pitch in! LOL
Your daughter is a genius! How does she come up with these ideas? I just can't believe some of the things that come out of her mouth sometimes! Wow. I hope my four year old will want to do chores! --Jenny
Will you please send her to my bathroom next? We are in desperate need of cleaning!
And, will you keep the snow? Yes, keep the snow but send Jenna. Fine trade I believe!
Miracle of miracles-- and it's the TOILET she wanted to start out on too!!! She's perfect... let's clone her!
How great is that! Phases are funny but a cleaning one, thats the jackpot! Plus she didn't just want to do a chore she wanted to clean the bathroom, the worst chore out there! I would keep that a secret as long as possible! :)
I love these kinds of times with little children. Let's hope it lasts a LONG time!
Wow! That's fabulous! Keep it up Jenna!!
awesome help!
Wo-ho! That's just awesome! What a sweet little helper.
Wow, can she come over and clean my toilet! That's my least favorite chore ever. Or I guess I should probably just wait in anticipation for the time when Zaylee is old enough to do it. Right now all I have her do it put her pajamas away in the morning and occasionally help set the table. I should do some sort of little chore chart. Hmm...
My girls STILL really like to do chores and clean the bathrooms and make it "sparkle" as they call it! Hopefully this will last and last and last!
Yet another testament to your motherhood. You cultivate this great things in your kids. What an example!
take it while it lasts!! I was the exact same way as a child. I would get in "cleaning moods" and would clean everything around me. Too bad it didn't stick =)
So my little 4 year old came to me begging me for a chore chart so I gave her one and after only a week of "responsibilities" she was already sick of it, darn it! I had hoped the excitement of it would have lasted a bit longer like a few years at least :) It's cute how they get excited about things like that, I just wish it would last longer.
Way to go Jenna, help out that deserving mother of yours!
Post a Comment