Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nudie

Part of the joy of living in an older house in the neighborhood we live in is that there is only a single driveway between our homes. As a result we hear and see a lot from our neighbors...and I am sure they hear their fair share of screaming and crying from us. :)



This morning I was doing dishes--now granted, it was early (6:45 a.m.) and I am sure my alternative lifestyle neighbor was unsuspecting of the possibility of anyone actually being awake at that hour.



As I was sifting through the sudsy sink, I was staring off at the frosted window across our driveway.



The light was on.



After a few moments of staring off into space I realized the beige blob I had been staring at was really an undressed body. I couldn't believe it.



I went about my business and washed dishes looking down. When I glanced up again I could see this person obviously taking care of HIS business...reaching for some T.P., etc. AWKWARD!



The real kicker was the nudie patootie he flashed as he left the porcelain throne.



What a way to start the day.



My advice to those of you with a windor in your bathroom? No matter how frosted, use a blind or curtain. Really. For YOUR benefit and your NEIGHBOR'S benefit. :)



On a completely different note, a moving day update.



Things have fallen through for this weekend. We are so bummed. But we are aiming for Tuesday as the official day, provided everything goes well with the inspection we have on Monday. Please, please cross your fingers for us!



Now, I am off to see my hubby for the first night this week...he's been crazy busy with a ton of stuff and we have hardly even slept in the same bed let alone spent time with each other in the evening (thank you children for your random middle of the night wake-up's--we absolutely ADORE the one on one night shift schedule with you on the couch.)



Night!

12 comments:

zealygirl said...

Wowzer! That ranks right up there with on the 'Boy-I-Wish-I-Could-Forget-That' scale! jjj g l;vm klm ,mm mmmv l; l,n,
(by the way, that was JLP's 'message' as he took over they keyboard.)

Melinda said...

What an awkward thing to realize! I know we kept our bedroom windows closed on occasional summer nights because we knew the neighbors next door had their kitchen window open right there. Hope yours realize that you're there!

LHD said...

Thanks for the bathroom tips! No pottying with an open window - frosted or no frosted near by. We closed on our house today. Life should start to settle down :). How is my bestest internet friend???

princess jen said...

Okay, so I have a frosted window in my bathroom--in my SHOWER! If I wasn't paranoid before (which I was...) I am now (even more!). That being said, maybe we've put off getting privacy slats for our fence a little too long. It is a basement window though. So maybe I'm okay (LOL). Good luck with the move!

Stephanie said...

What a wake up call! Eek. I always hated having windows in the bathrooms - it makes me feel so self-conscious!

Sorry about your moving date falling through. I hope everything works out for Tuesday. We're moving next Friday, and I still get all jittery just thinking about it - we still have so much to do before then!!

Katy said...

hahaha... oh boy what a way to usher in the new day! as for the move, I'll do MORE than just cross my fingers-- girl, you know I'll be praying for you!

Keely said...

LoL! Sad! For you and your neighbor!!! Sorry you had to see that! But, Thanks for the laugh!!! Good luck with the move!

Shana Dee said...

Holy Moley! I'm glad I've never seen a neighbor doing his business. Gee-wizzzzz

The Wyler Family said...

that is hilarious! what a way to start the day!

Sarah said...

Oh man. That is pretty bad. Takes getting to know your neighbor up to a whole new level. I guess it's a good thing you're moving.
I hope everything goes through for Tuesday!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

wow. that was an interesting "good morning" thing!

AprilF said...

Ah. What a way to start your day.