Sunday, February 8, 2009

The superhero capes!

Here are the long-awaited superhero capes!

I got the batman and superman logos from http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57 and they turned out to be perfect! She has a pattern for making the capes themselves, but I didn't care for how they looked at the neck, so we made up out own. This was all a lot of trial and error...and in the end, I think we finally figured out how we would do it again, which means I just might! :)

Jenna had the most simple cape. Hers has the S logo and roses all over the fabric (Superwoman??) on one side and is pink satin with a crown on the other side. She loves it!


And yes my children look like hunchbacks... :)The capes are much cuter on when the coat is OFF!

My little superman...

Both the boys have matching capes. One side is batman, and the other is superman.



Spencer was a daredevil and fearlessly jumped off the AC unit in the backyard into Brandon's arms. Pretty cute little superhero, if I must say so myself.



Don't ask my why he is making those fists....crime fighting? Who knows?


But there ya have it! My 2 aprons are also done, as well as my new hotpads. I will take pics of that stuff tomorrow. PJ pants in the works...and my curtains....and hopefully a few more fun projects!


30 comments:

Angela said...

So Cute! They look very professional. What a fun project too. Every kid would love to have a super cape like that! You can tell your kids absolutely love them.

Mindy said...

Good job putting that sewing machine to good use!!

Kemi said...

I am amazed at your talent.

(I don't know why I continue to be amazed. I should just know that Rachel = unparalleled excellence.)

Jenna's cape is darling. I love how you tailored it to her personality.

Esther said...

Wow! Those look so cute. How in the world did you find a super man cape with roses on it? Crazy. It looks like you guys have had so much fun. How neat. I can't wait until we come in August.

ellsworth family said...

Love the capes! Great job.

Kris said...

Those are sooo cute! errr I mean cool! I am off, today, to go get the stuff for it. Thanks for posting this, my kids will LOVE these.
I just asked E what she wanted on hers, an S or the princess crown and she just said "I want CTR" How cute is that?! I think on one side I will do an S and the other side CTR, just in case she feels like being super girl one day.
Thanks again for posting this I love your ideas. Please post your pot holders and well any other fun sewing porjects, I want to get back in to sewing again. I need more motivation!

princess jen said...

The capes turned out super cute! We have a cape for Anya but Aaron hasn't showed much interest in having one of his own yet. Can't wait to see the other projects!

Amber said...

Wow! Look at you all crafty. I love the capes and can't wait to see all of your other cute projects! :)

Michelle said...

Love the capes! I need to make something like that for my boys.... then they would stop cutting up their blankets to tie around their necks!

Looks like you are enjoying your Mom being there. And all that talk of food is making me hungry. Perhaps I should wander to the kitchen in search of breakfast?

Dina said...

your kids are soo cute! Love the capes!

Nicia said...

Turned out great!!

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

If I paid you would you make a couple for my boys!??? Love it!

Bernice Madsen said...

Wow, you are just soooo talented! Those capes are soooo adorable! You need to host a crafting class I think. I need to learn from the master! :o)

Sarah said...

Cute cute! I love that Jenna is wearing sandals, shorts, and a big winter coat...I know you have no say. It's just funny what kids come up with.

It's been a long time since I've heard you and Mom sing together. It's just as beautiful as I remember. How cool that you got it recorded!

Enjoy the rest of Mom's visit. I'm glad you guys have been getting so much done and having so much fun.

Jenny and Travis said...

The capes are fantastic (and what a BRILLIANT idea to double side them, especially with Batman AND Superman for the boys)! I'm sure the kids are just going to love wearing them again and again! Great pictures of them in action too! --Jenny

Ivy & Mae said...

very good job. I must get Matthew's made for his birthday. I bought Isaac's a few years ago (I know, lazy!)

LHD said...

would you like to make some for us since i have NO sewing talent? wow...im so envious of you...i know envy isnt a good thing but i wish i had your talents, i really do!

Sarah said...

What a cute bunch of superheroes you have! You guys did a great job on them.

Caitlin said...

those are the cutest! isn't it fun doing projects with your mom??

Kritta22 said...

OH my goodness! you have been busy, while I have been slacking!!

You are so talented with your sewing!!

Your munchkins are getting sooo big.

The Wyler Family said...

those are so cute! i love them!

Kathy Whittle said...

I'm so glad your mom has been able to spend time with you. Sounds like you guys are truly making the most of every minute. Families really are what life is all about. Keep enjoying one more day!!

Malissa said...

I love your super hero capes. They came out really good. I am sure they will love playing with them for a long time. You guys did a great job. Also, what a beautiful song. I love your voices together. I am sure everyone at church loved it too. How fun that your mom can come and sing with you!

Lacy said...

I made capes once..yours are MUCH nicer :) cute pictures.

Lacy said...

I made capes once..yours are MUCH nicer :) cute pictures.

blair and maisy said...

We don't go too many places without our reversible superhero capes. My boys love them- and I'm sure yours will too. The only thing is that I didn't make mine. -you're amazing!

Jessie said...

Love the capes. What a great idea! So creative. Way to go on all the sewing projects. That is is awsome... if only I had half your talent and ambition.

Karie said...

Aren't those double sided capes so fun? Jaden loves his.

The life of Jayne said...

These capes are so cute!! Can I order 1?

Katy said...

I LOVE that idea!!! Your capes turned out really really good, dang, girl you'd be a billionaire by now if you just put a price tag on your things!!! I'm sooo impressed! Oh and the kids are so great, it breaks my heart!!! I can't believe how BIG they're ALL getting!!