Haven't had much time to sew this week, but tonight I ran upstairs to change it up. This was SOOOO easy. Seriously, I just cut about an inch and a half off each side (this was a woman's size 10 skirt to start with) and then sewed up the new side seams. I folded the edges of the newly cut off fabric pieces and made straps and then sewed the straps into the (now) jumper. SOOOOO pleased! Jenna is going to LOVE this!
The nicest part is that this skirt already had a zipper in it--so I could do the bodice part more fitted and she can still get in and out--without all the work of installing my own zipper.
I am going to be on the lookout for skirts now as I browse the thriftstore racks...this was such an easy, fun project! I have a cute shirt I am making out of a window valance that I hope to finish this week too...and will post that later.Oh, how I love sewing...
14 comments:
Super cute! I'd love to see it on Jenna.
I am seriously blown away by your talents!!
I love it, way to go!!!
You are seriously amazing, do you know that?!
I LOVE that! the fabric is AWESOME... i was JUST looking at a cute bag the other day that looked JUST like that pattern! Giraffe is so hot right now!
i wish i had one haha so cute. Everyone is right you know, you truly are amazing!
That is so cute and a creative/smart way to make a little dress! I love it!
Oh P.S. about the trip, I will totally be calling you soon. Looks like it's a "go" so far I just might have to cut it short, but we'll talk later!
Keep an eye out for pillowcases, too...How to make a pillowcase dress.
So cute! you are so crafty!
very cute.
Love the animal print jumper, but of course I am a sucker for animal print. I have that same print on the chair cushions in my breakfast nook.
What a great idea! I'm excited to try it out for Zaylee - we're planning a D.I. run today or tomorrow. Jenna's jumper turned out so cute!
Very cute! Can we borrow it when Jenna's done with it??? :)
I really am impressed with all your sewing projects and the ability that you have to see something and then see it's potential as something totally different. Good job!
Too cute you sewing maniac! You just make me want to get out the machina, but i'm not much beyond blankets right now... ~j
Post a Comment