Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Surprise Party

I had no idea my kids had been planning a surprise party for me today!

The invitations must have read:

IT'S A SURPRISE PARTY FOR MOM!
When? Feb 17, 2009 at 5:00 a.m.
(though, Kaden arrived early at approximately 4 a.m.)

Plan on throwing loads of confetti (a.k.a. LAUNDRY) all over the living room. Breakfast will be served early (macaroni and cheese for breakfast isn't TOO bad, is it?)

Bring your best outside voices INSIDE.

And since we love mom so much, be ready to cling to her as much as possible.

It's gonna be a looooooonng day.

13 comments:

The Wyler Family said...

sounds like fun!

Kemi said...

Ha ha, you got me. Here I am thinking, "Oh, how fun!"

Then I realized, "Oh, FUN."

I'm sorry. I hope they get partied out, STAT, before too much damage is done.

Kathy Whittle said...

I love how you can make something positive out of just about anythihng negative! Maybe this should be one of those movie marathon days!? Hugs, K.

Cassie and Mark said...

You are so funny! Sorry it was such an early start to a long day. Call me if you want to chat!

Janelle said...

Mine doesn't usually force me out of bed until 8:00 at the earliest, so imagine my chagrin when yesterday, she was wide awake and giggly at 6:30. This morning it was 6:15. Sorry about the 4:00am wake-up call.

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Aren't surprise parties the BEST?? lol

Dez said...

That's so funny! Doesn't it make you feel good though that they can't wait to wake up and see mommy?

Nicia said...

The way you creativly word anything and everything is just amazing! Good luck with your day. Hopefully they'll take nice long naps.

princess jen said...

At least all your kids were in on the surprise! My party was this morning at 1:40, but Anya slept right through it! I know that it's been a long day... but thanks for letting us indulge in a little laugh.

Michelle said...

Ouch, hope they at least napped or something for you! Or go to bed nice and early tonight.

Cute way to announce a not so cute day!

Melanie said...

They just LOVE their MAMA!

Days of clingy-ness are great when you're sick, or it's raining, or too cold to do anything else...but on days when you have so much to do.....

I feel your pain!

Katy said...

all i have to say is that if a party was planned for me at 4 in the morning, i'd sure be the Party Pooper in that one!! Your kids are quite the social butterflies!

Aimee said...

Surprise parties are the best!