I kind of wonder why I am writing this.
It's the end of a long day. I never got a shower today and quite frankly I feel gross. Add that to lack of sleep and it's an icky combo.
But for some reason I feel some solace in writing it all out. Writing about how Kaden and Spencer never really got dressed today. Writing about how I got so tired of cleaning up "accidents" that I finally just put Kaden in a diaper...until I could calm down.
And somehow I feel better writing about how we are mac and cheese for lunch (which I actually love) and for dinner we ate a variety of leftover frozen foods that don't even go together along with a can of corn for nutritional value. Not so successful in the mom department. Right?
But in a few moments of rejoicing, I have reason to celebrate that we sold our second car today. Yep, the one we just bought for $500. :) LOOOOONG story....but the short of it is it suddenly didn't feel right. So we turned around and sold it this morning--to the first person who came and looked. And in the end, we made a $250 profit. NICE.
And in another moment of happiness, my sweet Jenna girl snuggled with me. Sat right on my lap and put her arms around me and said "mom, I need you...". She then laid her head against me and we just sat hugging.
I love these moments.
And even though I am exhausted and a wee bit overwhelmed with how my house looks, and nauseous thinking about all the poop I have cleaned up today, I am also very blessed.
And I guess that's probably the best note to end on.
Blessed.
15 comments:
i had the same kind of day...didn't do much..just a lazy, lousy kind of a day. but i had some sweet moments with my makenna girl that made it all worthwhile.
don't forget that you are so blessed!
You aren't the only one! My kiddos seem to be sick all the time (or I am) and I have gone two days with no shower. And we have had our fair share of frozen pizza or grilled cheese. It is good to know I am not alone. Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day...
Judging from the comments you and I weren't alone in our stay-at-home jammy day! Toast for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch, what was that for dinner? Something I didn't cook, but opened a can of and served. But everyone is alive and we all love eachother. Thanks for writing! By the way, CUTE little blog comment photo!!! I saw it on Steph's blog.
I know talking to you was a great high light in my day, sometimes just just good to catch up with old friends. And I think all of the good Moms have days like this, and days when they feel like a bad Mom. If you think your perfect all the time then you must be on the good stuff.:) Thanks to taking to time to blog its always fun to read.
Way to go Rachel, you made it through the day! Sometimes that's all we can expect of ourselves. That is sweet that Jenna "needed you". Kids sometimes have an amazing sense of what WE need. Hang it there...and get some sleep! I am glad you had so much fun with your mom.
So glad I read your blog, I feel that same kind of "gave up on a few things today, but it's okay" feeling. And hey, at least you opened a can of corn. My kids had hot dogs and tater tots. I was going to half-heartedly open some peas, but I knew I would have to force feed every little kernal. Amen for doing what it takes to keep it together and not lose our sanity.
WOW, sounds like a very busy day potty training. I can only hope that it gets better. And it's okay to put the diaper back on if it helps your sanity!
I just love those moments with children when they are able to just give loves. Such special times. And I have had a very non-productive week also. I have spent most of my non-working days in my pj and so has Adam. Sometimes you just need a break from life. And thats alright. Hope your day is better today.
HELLO!!! You made a profit from your car? How on earth do you do it? I think I'm going to just start giving you our money and making my lists of thins I need/want. You can do all my shopping and I'll save a bundle. :)
Way to act on your intuition! And, you can't beat a cool $250!
Oh man...I hope today is a better one for you! Alyssa has been sick with a fever for the last 3 days, so in a way, I guess I know how you feel!
What a sweet heart your Jenna is.
Good for you for knowing your limits and putting K in a diaper.
You are a great mommy! A little mac and cheese never hurt anyone. In fact it's probably better than some of the meals Connor gets! :)
Here's to today being better!
I'm glad that at the end of the day, you felt blessed. That's the best feeling in the world. And what a sweet Jenna girl to come and snuggle with you...I can't wait until I can have those times with my little girl.
--Jenny
P.S. I also have these kind of days, where I stay in my PJ's all day and don't have the energy to cook dinner, and I don't even have ANY kids running around my house yet!
Hey Rachel, Clara Love here! I saw your blog link on my mom's facebook. You have beautiful children!! Life with kids is so crazy. I really love the quote from Jenna about "too many brothers". My daughter (the oldest) wanted a baby sister so bad (with my third pregnancy) that when I told her it was really going to be a boy she suggested "that's okay mom, we'll just throw Jake (her first little bro) away". What a nice girl!!
We do all have those kinds of days, so please don't feel alone! It's awesome that you sold your car and made a profit!! And about the eating thing - food from the freezer and a can of corn sounds great! With only Emily and I here right now (Dave is gone for 3 weeks), she's had ramen, cold cereal, egg & toast, etc. for dinner while I have salad. And I don't even feel guilty about it!! (she had a little chicken with the ramen!) Hang in there. :)
So very very sweet, I sure love that Jenna-girl! She's a doll!
Good luck on the rest of potty training... honestly, i'm SCARED to death about it...
ps. you're such a great mom... really, no joke!
Post a Comment