Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Even the clouds are sad...

My mom went home this morning...and it appears that even the clouds are sad. It rained all morning and afternoon. Rain, rain, rain...I was so sad for her to leave. We really had a great time.
Thank you mom, for your countless hours of teaching me on the sewing machine--I am glad you got that spark back. I wish we could shop for fabric for hours on end...with an unlimited supply of $$$....but that is clearly all a dream. I had the best time with you--and I can't express just how grateful I am for that. You just made the days seem brighter and the time fly faster. Thank you a million times over...
Sigh...but instead of crying about it, I better relive our memories at least one more time and share some pics!
The night before my mom left we had one final splurge and ran fabric shopping and to get cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Oooooh....yum! It was DELICIOUS. We brought it home to eat and share with Brandon, who had watched the kids for us yet again. Thank you sweetheart!! Brandon's cheesecake was a banana cream cheesecake...

Mine was a peanut buttery one with reeces and butterfinger...SO rich...took me a couple days to get through it. But it was GOOD!
And my mom got the 30th anniversary one--mixed with cheesecake and chocolate cake, and some other yummies in the chocolate flavor...

And on Monday we took the kids to the Science Museum to play--we had a great morning.










note to the picture below...sign said NO CLIMBING. Well, Kaden can't read and I didn't realize until he was up there. He was SO proud--so I laughed and took a picture, and then he fell flat on his back. Poor guy. Guess there is a reason for their sign.

We had a coupon for a free kids meal at Bob Evans, so we stopped there after the museum and ordered some lunch. The kids love going there--okay, I love going there too--it was tasty and totally hit the spot! Kids had a great nap afterwards and we sewed for a good while that afternoon.






I wish I felt totally motivated right now...instead, I feel blah. I know I need to get the house back in order and catch up on laundry and "stuff" that I got behind on while my mom was here, but I just want to climb the stairs to my room and lock the door and sleep all day long. :) It doesn't help that Kaden is catching on to the potty training thing but instead of using the toilet, resorts to using anything that is bowl shaped (an upside down stool, the block bucket, the crockpot, my tupperware bowls, etc. It is SO frustrating. I feel like I have a puppy, which I don't have for THIS exact reason.
And it probably also doesn't help that Spencer woke me up at almost 1 a.m. and even though he just needed snuggled for a minute, it left me wide awake until 4 a.m. when he woke up again...I finally fell asleep at 6 a.m. this morning for less than hours before having to face the day...and I feel exhausted.
And I also sound like I am moping and complaining (and no, I didn't mean to write MOPPING...though I should be doing that instead)
Just miss my mom today. Missed my sleep last night. And wanting to miss the bodily fluids of a 2 year old that don't seem to make their way into the toilet where they belong.

12 comments:

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

I feel for you! It's hard when our visitors leave, especially wonderful ones like your mom. I really miss living close to her and all the "spur of the moment" memories we made together. How wonderful it is that in just hours she can come visit you! Hope your day is looking better today. Hugs,
Kathy

Sarah said...

Sorry things are so rough and especially that you didn't get any sleep...and that Kaden is peeing everywhere. Please tell all kids don't do this!
I hope you're able to sneak a nap in and that today goes better.

Unknown said...

That is sweet that you had such a nice time with your mom AND ate cheesecake. YUM!

Jenny and Travis said...

Again, I'm SO happy you had such a good time with your mom! GREAT pictures of your adventures too--LOVED them (and am trying to learn from them)!
Also, I'm totally psyched to learn that you have a Cheesecake Factory there! It will definitely be a "special night out" place sometime for me and Trav!
And finally, I wanted to thank you for starting the Mission 24 Blog! I eagerly look forward to getting a new challenge, and love trying new things and looking at the great pictures that everyone else comes up with! Can't wait to be in Ohio with you guys! Love, Jenny

Kemi said...

I seriously want to climb through my screen and EAT your cheesecake. Peanut butter? Chocolate? I am SO into that.

I'm sorry your mom left. I would give in to a good cry. You deserve it.

You might want to consider moving the potty chair into the (eeeww!) kitchen for a bit. See if it helps clear up some bowl confusion. *snort* Seriously, though, it's worth a shot.

You totally have your mom's eyes.

When you've recovered a bit, come to my blog. I have cookies. (Well, not cookies. But another fun surprise. But not cookies.)

The Wyler Family said...

wow. you guys had such a great time together. lucky girl! and i'm super jealous of the cheesecake. i have been craving cheesecake factory for weeks now. your pictures and descriptions will have to do.

Jessica said...

I wish I had words for how much I love moms and grandmas! LOVE your mom!

Dez said...

I don't think I commented on this before, but I laughed SO hard about the "crock potty" incident. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of the messes, but I hope it's worth it someday for the stories. I have never heard of a kid doing that before and I think it's hilarious!!

girlsmama said...

I totally get it Rachel. I hate it when my mom leaves. It's just sad. I'm so glad you had the time with her though.

And sorry about the crock pot. At least it wasn't the carpet. And diarrhea. Don't ask why I know. :)

Doug and Mallena said...

Company is so great to have, until they have to leave. It's so hard to let them go. ESPECIALLY since you live so far away from each other. I remember feeling the same way when our families would come and then go. I'd cry for a few days until I could finally come to grips with life again. HUGS!

Will of the hill said...

I love your blog--so honest, so true and precious--each word--i read your blog and it makes me smile--and I feel I can crawl in teh shower and press onward through one more day --Thank you for your gift!

Katy said...

I always hate it when my mom leaves too (especially right after Ava was born, I was bawling like a baby when i watched her driving away... leaving me with Ava all alone!)

But boy, you guys sound like you made the most of her time with you... that's got to be such a great feeling. Oh Cheesecake Factory... I've never been there but honestly, it's a DREAM of mine... no joke!