But what pushed my "better day" over the top and into the GREAT day category was that:
We made and decorated cupcakes and took them to our neighbors. That was so much fun.
Brandon brought Jenna a carnation and little card...
And he brought me two beautiful roses. I hardly ever get flowers...mainly because I have insisted that he NOT get me them. Too expensive, die quickly, etc. BUT, I definitely did not complain today. It was such a nice gesture and a special surprise. (and if Jenna weren't 4 years old and more grateful than she is, she would have loved getting the white one instead of a pink one). Thank you Brandon for your thoughtfulness. It was so sweet...

And Jenna got to go with me to the grocery store tonight. I almost always go alone, but they offer a free childcare for up to 2 hours while you shop and she has wanted to play there for a while now. She had so much fun. And taking her gave me a glimpse of my little girl growing up...(until I was snapped back into reality when she threw a tantrum in the parking lot since I wouldn't buy her a Valentine's balloon. :)AND..after the kids went to bed, we made ourselves some chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and corn...and we ate just he and I. Not a kid in sight. And it was wonderful.
And aside from the flowers, the quiet dinner, the cupcakes, the getting ready for the day, I found the most AWESOME website.
AWESOME. REALLY.
Maybe you all know about it and I am just behind the times. If you sew, this website is for you. If you don't sew, but WANT TO, this website is for you!!
It is FULL of free patterns, that are copyright free--meaning you can make and sell items made with those patterns. And you can alter them in any way. You just print them off at home, tada! There you are. And there was page after page of really cool stuff!
There are also guides to sewing, places to get questions answered, how to's, a forum, etc. This site is LOADED. I drooled over adorable clothes and brilliant ideas, and browsed for a long time with my mom on he other end of the phone...we were both so excited about some new projects we want to get our hands on!!
....and it's just been an a-okay kinda day....
And now, I MUST make myself go to bed. I got way too distracted with the sewing site and facebook and browsing more blogs..that I have somehow traveled through time at the speed of light and I find myself staring at numbers that say 11:15.
If only the numbers lied. :)
Good night.
11 comments:
I just went and looked at that site! That is awesome!
I scrolled down and found a reuseable pad! Gross!!! I can't handle that. Your thoughts?
Happy Valentine's Day! I'll have to check out the awesome website, although I don't know when I would fit something more like sewing, into my schedule - it will be fun to look anyway!
The cupcakes look beautiful! I'm glad you found a great sewing site too! Your enthusiasm is contagious and always makes me want to try a bit harder at being happy.
Thanks for the website. I purposely took off work a little early yesterday to zip into the grocery store without Megan because I knew it would be a sea of red and pink things and I wasn't going to be able to control the "gimme monster" that lives in most 4 year old girls when they see the slightest glimps of something pink. :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Great tip on the site; I'm excited to poke around!
Happy Valentines! I'm glad today (or was it yesterday?) was better for you. I can't wait to check out the site--thanks! :)
I amglad that you had a better day. You took some great pics of the flowers. You are a much better neighbor than I am. Shame on me for not doing anything like you do. I hope that you and Brandon have a nice V-Day.
Mindi :)
Ohhh, can't wait to check out the website! Sounds like a successful day! Happy Valentines! Thanks for your comments!
Glad you had a better day! I am amazed at how quickly my children get a case of the gimme's during a holiday. Sad.
I'm so glad you had a better day, and we're able to enjoy a yummy dinner just the two of you! And gorgeous pictures of your roses! --Jenny
That site is WAAAAAY COOL!!!!! i've had a sewing machine for years now but never have really used it's full potential!!! This makes me VERY excited!!
I am so glad that this post was a big fat happy smile compared to your previous! I love the flowers, we agree with you, flowers are sort of wasteful, but always loved when it's a sweet surprise (and cheap!)
Another reason your town rocks! the play area at the grocery store!!!! how COOL is that?!
Post a Comment