I signed Kaden up for the Lowe's free building clinic, and he and Brandon went together to make a car. Here he is before...excited for his day with dad.
And here he is after...(there are no in between pictures because "someone" forgot to take the camera into Lowes) :) a-okay though.
Doesn't he look like such a big boy?!?! So grown up with his little construction apron and badge! The project this time was making a cute racecar. He was so happy with it.
And the cute dad and son together...
When the boys came home, it was time for the ladies of the house to go out. We made a quick stop by a consignment store first to browse and see if there were any treasures...and then we were on our way to Cookie Cutters to get Jenna's hair cut.We love the playground inside where kids can run and have fun before their haircut.

And we REALLY love the cute little cars they have for you to sit in while you watch a movie and get your hair cut. Luxury, huh?
This is Jenna and her stylist talking after the haircut. They always give us a cute hair clip, a sucker, and a balloon.
After cutting hair, we picked up a quick bite to eat and then headed shopping. As soon as we walked into Old Navy, Jenna ran up to this group of manequins. See her?
NOW do you see her?
It was pretty cute. Didn't buy anything there, but found some fun stuff at TJ MAxx, next door. We were in line and Jenna was asking to buy something else that I didn't feel we needed. Long story short, after a warning that we would walk out if she kept asking, we left the store with her SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER. It was humiliating. But that is just behavior that is NOT okay...and I am sure that most parents will have this kind of situation at some point in their lives (at least I am telling myself that so I don't feel so bad about it).After she got a talkin' to, we tried to salvage our day and stopped by another thrift store. I had seen something there last week that I wanted to check on--it's been on my mind all week. We made our way to the back of the store and there was my prized item, beaming and ready to find a new home.
I saw SUCH potential when I saw this sewing table--but it was priced at $25, which was more than I was willing to pay (I know, call me cheap!) After some checking and wheeling and dealing, I paid my total and loaded my car. TOTAL PRICE??
$6.00 with TAX! (not $60. not $16. YES, $6)
Seriously, for $6.00 I couldn't leave it there! :) I know it's kind of ugly right now, but the bones are good and it was the right size. I am excited about having a space just for my sewing--I have big plans for this piece of furniture. Some sanding and painting, and changing out the dated shutter front on the cabinets. I HOPE it will look great when I am through...HOPE!
Love the cabinet part. If I want, my sewing machine will fit right in there and I can lock the doors so the kids will stay out! :) But when it's in use, I just flip the front piece up and my sewing machine pedal goes there!
The best, BEST part of this is that is also has a folding table for the days I have time to really work on projects!


17 comments:
Killer, CRAZY, Amazing deal on that sewing table. Wow. That is more than a bargain. It always seems to be easier to do projects when you have the right tools, and that table is definitely one of those tools.
I have carried a screaming Anthony out of Target more times than I can count. I ALWAYS feel humiliated.
Um, SCORE on the sewing table! My mom has a really nice one like that, with the table in back (only hers is on the side), and I'd really love to have one, too, eventually. For now, though, my kitchen table is good enough.
That is a nice deal. I think that would look really nice with a dark stain and low gloss finish, maybe something like walnut. You could even then sand the finish a bit in places and make it look faded a bit to get a nice dark and controlled antique look.
That is what I would do anyway but I wouldnt have time for that!
What a fun way to spend the day for everyone! Great find! You are so good at finding deals- I need tips.
Wow!!!! I wish I had a sewing table like that! that is amazing!!
What are your thoughts on the color and stuff?
Oh and don't stress about taking her out fo the store. I'm way proud of you for doing so!
Putting up with it would have made it worse in the long run.
Again, you are such a great mommy!
How DO you find these deals? Maybe my problem is that I never go shopping so I never know what's out there. Soooo happy for you! Looks awesome.
The day out with the kids sounds fun, but I'm most impressed and excited about that sewing table! That is totally awesome and I think you got an amazing deal. Kinda funny - I don't think something like that would even fit in our apartment, lol.
You have SUCH a gift Rachel!What a steal of a deal!
Ok, that's it-- you, me, shopping, bartering, wheelin' and dealin'!!! I'm loving the table and know that the final product is gonna blow our minds!!!!!!!
oh and just so you know, someone must have switched your babies for full grown KIDS...!!!!! I mean, they're building cars and 'modeling' for Old Navy now!!! CRAZY!
What a cool sewing table!
Those Lowe's classes look so fun. We'll have to check them out here.
WOW, that is one cool sewing table. What a good deal. I love that you can wheel and deal. I totally need to have some lessons.
I love the smile on Kadens face in the before picture. Such excitement. Sounds like you guys had a really good day. And oh, don't worry about the tantrum. I think we have all had a few of those. I am usually mortified but life goes on. :)
That is such a cool table!!!! I love the fold out table, man your good at these deal finders.
I like your sewing table. I think it is cute that Kaden and Brandon got to go and make a little car. What a fun idea! =c)
That is a great price for your sewing table! I can't wait to see the finished product. You are so good at those type of projects.
OMgosh. Steal of the CENTURY! A folding table too? Are you serious? Good job getting it down even further. You are awesome! :)
Seriously, I don't know how you find such deals - it's like you have a magnet to them. How awesome!! I would LOVE a sewing table like that. And, the Red Robin outing - our Red Robin wouldn't give us the free ice cream if we got the free burger. I feel cheated!! Maybe I'll try again......looks like you're having a great spring break!
Post a Comment