We have been planning on getting Jenna new bedding for her birthday (in May) since the set she has was from her first big girl bed and is about due for a replacement. I have been working up a whole new scheme for her room and was planning on sewing the bedding set to fit.
WEEEELLL....went to Target to grab a few things last night and saw TONS of clearance stuff! I saw a set that fit the theme I was going for, but it was almost $60 and wasn't QUITE what I was looking for. Then I saw this really nice quilt. ORIGINALLY $50!!
Clearance price? $12.00!!!! HOORAY! So I kept it in my cart an continued browsing. That's when I saw THIS!!!
It includes EVERYTHING...bedskirt, matching sheets, pillowcases, shams, comforter...feels really nice, and was in pretty cute colors (even though it wasn't the original color scheme I was going for). There wasn't a price...so I took it to a handy dandy scanner to check.I about fell over when I saw the price! $14.50
Seriously! I can't even buy just the SHEETS for $14.50. Needless to say, I snatched it right up and grabbed the nice quilt to go on the trundle bed that slides under Jenna's bed (a.k.a. our makeshift guest room when company comes)
SOOO excited. Way less than I could have spent making it myself, and MUC easier. :) --still going to change a few elements in her room as her birthday nears, but I think it will come together nicely...well, I hope! :)
Anyway, if you aren't a regular Target shopper, I would seriously check it out!!! They had some amazing deals on things!! If only money grew on trees!!!
In other news, I made the boys some pj pants today. Kaden's are a Curious George print. He looked so cute running around in them tonight (though, he looked cuter when he was FINALLY in bed and fast asleep--and he will look even CUTER if he will stay in his room until at least 6 a.m. tomorrow morning)

And a little pair for Spencer...
Joann's had a lot of their patterns for $1 last night, so I picked up several. Jenna picked out a cute jumper pattern, and I am excited to let her help pick some fabric and get going on that. I think I am actually going to attempt her Easter dress this year...I have never been brave enough to really give it a go on my own...On another random note, I finally got my google reader cleared out...I had been so behind on blog reading for so long and kept feeling like I would somehow catch up on commenting on everyone's blogs, etc. But every day there were more to read and I was feeling overwhelmed. After numerous days of having over 200 posts to read, I just read. :) It was nice to catch up on everyone's lives finally...and WHEW do I feel relieved to have it cleared out so I can be better at commenting again.
.....coming to a stopping point in my random thoughts...either because I really have nothing else to say, or because our early morning surprise party wreaked havoc on my brain.
So, for now, I am signing off.
11 comments:
I feel a desperate need to comment on this post just because I can be the FIRST ONE! This has never happened to me before... you are a very popular woman.
And also, you are totally on a roll with this sewing thing! Completely inspiring! Love the little jammie bottoms - hope they do the trick and keep those boys in bed! Good night!
You must be one of the best shoppers out there! I LOVE Target. In fact I'm wearing pants from there that I bought for $2.14! Awesome.
Does she get to open her new bedding or is it going on there soon?
Those Pj's turned out so cute! i see why you were wanting to use them so bad!
I hope you sleep lots tonight!
Great buys at Target. Love to shop there. It is always so much fun to see what you can find for really cheap!
Your pj bottoms are really cute. You have such a talent for sewing. Love to see what you come up with next!
Cute! Way to go for good deals!! Can't wait to see the little changes you make to Jenna's room!
Cute PJ Pants. Target has had some killer deals in their house items/kiddie stuff lately.
I bought a chandelier for $25 a few weeks ago!
What kind of dress are you going to make Jenna for Easter?
Is the pattern you got for her last night a simple A-line with buttons at the shoulder or something else?
cute bedding. my sister bought that same quilt for her little girl's room. it's beautiful! i love the colors in it!
Target does have some cute bed sets - that's where we got ours, and I love it.
The more you post about the cute things you sew (window valence skirt! - so cute) the more I want a sewing machine! I had one in Idaho that we received when we got married - it was old and didn't run very well. We threw it out when we moved, figuring it would be cheaper to get a new one than to fix the old one. Now I really miss having it!
um...i don't know if i'm on the right blog or not. the rachel that i know and love is constantly saying that she has no talent, sewing especially. so if this is the right rachel i don't want to ever ever ever again hear that you have no talent in that dept. you hear me girl?
it all looks awesome and i love target, it's the best.
What a great deal on that bed set!! Wish Target were a little closer to me, I'd go there all the time - would probably spend too much, though. Love all your "random" thoughts you share with everyone.
You have a gift!!
i totally completely know how you feel about the need/compulsion to comment/read every single post (and in the hundreds is something i can relate to too!) but i'm finally getting down to the 30's and life's lookin good! I didn't comment on the photo blog posts because i'd never finish, but boy everyone is so creative and great who is involved, i'm really starting to get a complex!!
ps. the deals you scored in target are AMAZING!!!! let's go shopping together, you'd be my Eagle Eye!
Post a Comment