Monday, February 23, 2009

Apron model

Yesterday I made an apron--I have a couple swaps coming up and thought this would be a cute gift. I loved the fabric (which doesn't look as cute in a picture with terrible lighting) and thought it was perfec for a fun apron. A certain member of my household played model. I promised no face would be shown in case there is someone out there who wants to blackmail him this particular person.
You can't tell from the first picture, but there is a cute ruffle at the bottom.

And I did the trim in a cute black and white polkadot fabric.



Anyway, pretty pleased that it's finished and I figured it out on my own. Believe it or not, I really am a beginner in the sewing department...I had one infant sewing class in college, and the rest I have just picked up on my own. So still trying to learn...still NEEDING to learn. Just have to keep pushing myself to try new things...



15 comments:

Audra said...

You should have modeled and he should have taken the pictures! But he does look good in cherries and ruffles. Your sewing looks great.

Amber said...

haha I love it! What a sweet husband you have to model your apron! The apron looks great. You are so talented!!! :)

Cassie and Mark said...

So cute! I want to make aprons from my kiddos so it was nice to see that cute pattern. As for the model....maybe choose a different one next time. I don't know about him! I can say that because I'm his sister.

Robin and Stephenie said...

such a cute apron. I have one question for you why didnt this model of yours be the photographer and you be the model. lol you two have so much fun!

Robin and Stephenie said...

I just read the first comment and I guess I am not as funny as I thought

Kemi said...

Darling, darling, DARLING apron.

Ditto for the model. *wink*

Did you use a pattern for this one, or create your own? Aprons are my favorite thing ever! :)

Katy said...

That apron is AWESOME!!!! I especially love the trim and neck strap... really really cute!!

ps. if your model get's bored of the medical school thing, modeling might be in his future! :)

Jenny and Travis said...

Great looking apron! The pattern is so cute, and the trim goes perfectly with it! Did you have a pattern for it, or just wing it? Either way, great job! --Jenny
P.S. I'll be your model for the next two years if you'd like. =)

Esther said...

That is sooo Cute. I should have you make me an apron. Wow. You just added sewing to your long list of incredible talents.

Stephanie said...

That is a cute apron! And how nice of your willing model to help you out. ;-)

Nicia said...

Such a cute apron! Love it, love it, love it!

Ivy & Mae said...

very cute. That cherry fabric is great...I used a lot of the pink color way in some creations awhile ago.

hotmama03 said...

This is where i am at in my sewing projects. I love making things but aprons are i think the best, i love to add little details to them whenever possible. keep up the great work!!

Marci Ward said...

I love that pattern, cutest apron ever! I just bought material yesterday at Joann's to do an apron. I'd love to try this one. I am also redoing the cushions on a glider (rocking chair) got any advice?

Aimee said...

What an amazing apron model! So cute!