Thursday, February 26, 2009

Window valance = cute shirt

During naptime worked on Jenna's shirt that I made out of the window valance I picked up at the thrift store the other day. I love the vintage, fun feel of this valance...
I didn't feel like it was going to be long enough, so I added a layer of fabric underneath. Then I took some scrap fabric and made straps.

This was really easy since the valance was already gathered and ruffled.




And there ya have it. From window covering to body covering in a matter of minutes. For all of you who are doubting your skills, I assure you it doesn't require many. Just a little faith in yourself and determination. :) And if you mess up, you trade the couple bucks you spent for experiece, right??
You can do it...if I can, you definitely can!! :)


16 comments:

Aimee said...

You have some amazing skills! I am impressed. I wasn't blessed with the skill of creating and sewing. I love how your brain works ... how would have thought a window valance = a cute shirt! I love it!

Kritta22 said...

You are so creative!! I love it!

Rachel said...

very cute! i love how "visionary" you are!

Amber said...

Wow! That is adorable!!!

Janelle said...

Way cute! Totally retro fabric...I love it.

Kemi said...

The green polka-dotted material makes a cute shirt even cuter. I LOVE it!

A little Birdie... said...

Oh my goodness! So cute! I wish I had a little girl to make them for!

Bernice Madsen said...

Again, you amaze! :o) Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects and inspiring all of us to try somethig new ourselves. :o)

Jenny and Travis said...

Way cute! The valance was perfect for this shirt! And it comes in perfect time for spring and summer! --jenny

The life of Jayne said...

That shirt is SO adorable! Way to go!

Katy said...

Wow, that's SOOOO CUTE!!! i love that! And Jenna looks like a total doll in it!

Muffin said...

this is one of the most adorable shirts i've ever seen! so cute!

Our Little Family said...

You are a SUPER sewer! I am SO impressed!

Doug and Mallena said...

Love the shirt!

Malissa said...

What a cute shirt. I sometimes wish that I had a little girl and culd dress someone in flowers along with me! SIGH! I love how creative you are. Things that I would have never thought of and you put them together so fast. I am learning!

Esther said...

That is such a cute idea. I love it. I guess I could make a dress with a window valance for Hannah.