In case you don't remember my 50 pound before and after post, I snagged one of my before pictures to refresh your memory as to how I was before. I bought this black dress as my reward when I lost 50 pounds...and am looking for the perfect pair of shoes to go with it for my 60 pound prize! :) Though, when it comes down to it, losing the weight was truly the BEST gift of all (regardless of how cliche it sounds! :)
The before... The After...
A little closer up...

I started my weight loss count down from my pre-Carter-pregnancy weight...
186 pounds
And I weigh in now on that same scale...
125 pounds
(thinking the .2 is from the glass of water and toast I ate before weighing because I forgot I was going to do this!)
I know I've said it before, but I just have to say it again. This has truly been an incredible, fulfilling journey. I have learned more about myself the past few months than I have the past 30 years. :) Thank you all for letting me share these lessons, and write about my triumphs and struggles along the way. It has meant the world to me to have such a fantastic support system.
I know meeting my goal is a stopping place as far as the numbers on the scale, but I am grateful for the things I have learned and the eating habits I've changed, and the physical activity I am so passionate about now--those are the things that I will carry with me and continue working and improving the rest of my life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
p.s. if you haven't checked lately, there've been lots of updates on my recipe blog. If you're following the points+ plan through Weight Watchers I have included the points values for many--and am working on updating them all! :)
ALSO, I started a new blog project to track my meals through the day with pictures and recipe links, mainly as a reference for myself to go back and look at and for my friends and family whore trying to lose weight as well. Just a way to show some new ideas and recipes and show how easy it is to drop the pounds and still eat good food! (dessert included!) :) If you want to check it out: http://pointsplusplanning.blogspot.com/


40 comments:
Wowzers! Congrats, Rachel. That's a beautiful dress, and you definitely earned it.
I meant to tell you that I made your Italian meatballs over the weekend -- they were yummy.
AWESOME!! You weigh less than me;( Sad for me YEAH for you!!!
Now it's my turn...
wahoo!
You are truly an inspiration!!!!! I love reading your posts about your weight loss journey!!! Congrats on losing the 61lbs!!!!!
You should be so proud Rachel! You look amazing! Congrats!
Awesome! I love the dress! And I'm excited to get some good meal ideas from your new blog so I can get back on track.
How many sizes have you lost?!! You look wonderful Rachel!
:)
You are beautiful, Rachel! Congrats on meeting your goal!
OMG!!! You look FABULOUS! I love it! Love the dress too! I am so inspired by you! You are one amazing person! Go Rachel!
holy cow, rachel!!!!!!
i know for naturally thin girls that don't have to work for 125 may not appreciate what that scale reads, but i most certainly DO!
you are amazing, and beautiful, and such an inspiration! i am so so proud of you...sometimes i feel lame saying that I'M proud of YOU, but i know what hard work and dedication goes into this. you look absolutely stunning in your dress! and just glowing. what an amazing triumph, and NEVER stop posting these things because it is such a life-changing moment for you, each step along the way.
HOOOOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!!!
YAY Rach! Way to go! You are so awesome & you look SMOKING HOT in that black dress! I think you should find a pair of red shoes to go with :)
I am so amazed at your accomplishment and that number!! Holy cow! I haven't been in the 120s since college! That is so so amazing. It really gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes,
You are so beautiful in every way possible and i repeat, I am sooo proud of you!!! You look stunning in your dress! :)
P.s. How tall are you?
You need a sexy pair of red heels! That would look so great on your awesome body! Way to go! :)
Way to go Rachel on the weight loss! You look incredible and have every reason to be happy about it!
And yes, I am secretly (okay, a lot) jealous of you! :-)
Beautiful! Stunning! And so confident! Your ability to meet your goal is so inspiring, and I, for one, appreciate you putting yourself out in blog-land with all of the details. Way to go!
that is so amazing!!! and just for the record, i've never gotten tired of reading about this journey....i'm so happy for you!
you are absolutely stunning. sean and i were just talking about you last night and how inspiring you are! we are just bursting with happiness for you. bursting i tell you!!!!!
Go Rachel, Go Rachel. It's your party, go Rachel.
(If you don't know that song, I feel really silly right now! :) )
The best part of this whole thing is seeing how proud you are of yourself. It is nice to see you recognizing the beauty that you have always had- now it is just more obvious to yourself. The rest of us already knew it though.
You look SMOKIN HOT!! Congrats on losing 61 pounds!! That is so impressive and you are so very inspiring! I hope you looked up www.trainermomma.com to share your story!! I think her readers would be inspired to hear your story, I know I am!!!
You look sooooo good! Thanks for posting the black dress pic! It's beautiful! And you look hot! And now I'm jealous - I've been slacking on maintaining - and am on day 2 of getting back into the game! Good luck with maintaining and I am sooo excited about your other blogs! I'm going to take a look!
Hip Hip Hooray! Congratulations, you look so beautiful... LOVE those shoes! Can't wait to check out your recipe blog. I'm totally gonna be using that to keep a healthy pregnancy and you've inspired me so much that I CAN loose the weight after #4!
(...and thanks for the button code too!)
I'm just so dang proud of you!!!
WOW. You look AMAZING!!! You have been so inspiring and I loved hearing about all of your weight loss ups and downs. Way to go!!!
Oh, Rachel. Way to go! You look beautiful and I'm so impressed with your dedication. Thanks for sharing. -- You should NEVER feel bad about sharing your triumphs on your blog. It's not boring and it's a huge lift for all of us to see your success. Again, WAY TO GO.
You look fabulous! I'm in awe of your loss! And I LOVE that skinny tates site - she (like you ;))has a lot of great recipes :)
congratulations! you look so great!
Oh my gosh, I am so impressed and amazed. You are truly inspirational -- way to go! Congratulations! :-)
You look GREAT!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exhilirating!!! I am seriously weepily happy for you and all that you have accomplished! You are and have always been gorgeous! Glad you feel it!
Incredible! Chera showed me this post the other day and it blew my mind! What an amazing transformation! You look great! Hopefully I can pull off similar results! It was definitely a kick in the pants for me to see the weight you lost! Congrats!
AHHHH!! You are so amazing! I am SO SO proud of you. I bet you feel like a new woman! I love the dress and think you look so stinkin hot! And I am so excited to see your recipes!!
Great job Rachel! You're awesome! And I love all your snow day pics. The one of Kaden throwing the snow is my favorite!
Amazing! Incredible!
Wow, Congratulations Rachel! You look sooooo fabulous! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress!! Soooo well deserved. :o)
What an awesome journey. I only hope to have part of the success that you have on my own journey. You look amazing and seem very happy!
Way to go-you look fabulous!
YOU ROCK!
Amazing - you LOOK and ARE amazing!
Seriously incredible. You are my inspiration! You look fabulous. Love all your sites, blogs, tips & tricks. It has all been so helpful. Now, I think you need to get those red shoes!!
Rachel -- You are such an AMAZING woman... both inside and out!!! CONGRATS on your AWESOME accomplishment. Words cannot express how proud I am of you. I am truly honored to have shared this journey with you... and I look forward to the future of seeing you continue to grow and blossom!! You MUST wear the "little black dress" to your Lifetime "ceremony"!! I insist!!! :-) Congrats again!!! You are FABULOUS!!! ~Stephanie
you go girl! you look AMAZING! congrats on texas too!
Post a Comment