Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beard Month...THE END!

Shortly before mid-March Brandon announced that he was giving up on beard month, party due to the lack of participation from his facial hair, and partly due to the cautious look from other parents as he walked Jenna to school.

While he had high hopes of winning an award for the best Alaskan gold-miner look-alike, he ended up winning the award for most likely to be questioned while going through airport security.

Although there wasn't a lot going on in the beard department, Brandon DID agree to follow through with his end of the bargain--If I supported beard month, I would need pictures in return. :)

bear month after

bear month after2

bear month after3

Ahhhh {insert relieved sigh}...
Love lookin' at this smooth, clean shaved face! :)

brandon's photoshoot 055

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! Good call on ending the month early. I'm sure you're relieved!

BusyMom said...

My husband tried a goatee for a few months. I found it to be very ticklish and was relieved when he decided to shave it off.

Carly said...

HAHA Rachel you are hilarious! hahahahahaha

crystal carlson said...

I bet you were happy that he didn't do it for the whole month!

Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittney said...

I shouldn't be leaving comments on peoples blogs when I'm this sleep deprived. Haha, they don't seem to make much sense. So I'll just keep it simple...love your blog. Love this post. It had me chuckling ;).

Janelle said...

Okay, normally I actually really like facial hair. My husband has a goatee and it's pretty sexy. But good call on Brandon's part ending the month early. Some men just aren't meant to wear facial hair. He's definitely got the weird "free candy in my van" vibe goin' on. Much better looking without it. :D

rachel said...

Colby did this at the end of school. It was fun for the kids to see dad with facial hair. My boys are all into growing beards when they get big ha ha.The baby always wanted to pull it though. How did the kids react? They really do have a beard growing contest up here.

Jared said...

At least he got to try! I'd say the look definitely doesn't fit his awesome personality. It is sad though that we judge people so much by their looks.

On another note, I tried for the opposite look the other day and went all but clean-shaven except for a patch of a goatee. I think Kaci was horrified. I'm not to be trusted alone with clippers anymore.

Sarah said...

LOL...Matt's only lasted about 3 days.

Kritta22 said...

Chris has a mustache march going on. I hate it. He looks like trailer park. Lol only a few more days

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

Most likely to be questioned by airport security. Ha ha ha ha. That was great. He does look a lot more "doctorly" clean shaven though.

Rileys said...

Man I wish my husband would trim his! He is seriously looking Arab or something, so glad I am leaving next week so I do not have to see this through:)

ZealyGirlie said...

Sorry I haven't commented on your other posts; we just got the internet back up and I'm way behind on everything (and everyone)!

I just had to jump in and say that if Lucas went an entire month without shaving there probably wouldn't be a head--let alone a face--discernible at the end!

Anonymous said...

LOL! He could totally pass for a middle-school mexican!

jcgk said...

Yeah...he looks like a molester with facial hair....