Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snowed In!

Friday we got another big storm--this meant no school for EVERYONE! I knew a storm like this was coming, because it always seems like we get a big one this time of the year. It also signifies the coming of spring, at least to me...mother nature's way of getting it all out of her system in preparation for sunshine and mild temps.

We did pretty much nothing that day. Just relaxed...watched movies...relaxed some more...the kids played downstairs for a couple hours and Brandon and I got caught up on American Idol and some other shows on the DVR. It was FANTASTIC. There was so much snow in the street and driveway that it was almost impossible to get out until early evening. So we just stayed in, tucked inside our warm house.

In the afternoon, once the snow and bad wind had stopped, Brandon went out with the kids to make a whole a snow cave and snowmen--all of which the kids named from characters off Star Wars. (They are really into the game Lego Star Wars right now! :)

004

011


008





005

We were SO excited for a snow day!!!
020

When it was time to come in, we had some VERY cold little people on our hands. I had been inside getting dinner ready, and was greeted by crying little ones trying to rip every wet piece of clothing off their bodies at once. Hot chocolate and a good snuggle did the trick...which Carter was THRILLED to join in on. :)

023

I must admit...I am ready for spring, and I am getting really tired of the cold, but I absolutely LOVE the unexpected days off that come this time of year--where we have no plans, nowhere to go, nobody to see.

Just us. Together. All day long.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

All of the pics in this post are fabulous, but that last one?? Perfection. You captured a perfect moment, Rachel. I love it!

Dina said...

I felt the same way! I'm sooo ready for spring and warm weather but I also very much enjoyed the day off, being stuck inside!

BusyMom said...

We all stayed in on Friday too! It was great. Snow Days allow you to be lazy - they are so relaxing. Weekends and planned days off are generally so filled with plans - snow days have no plan to them.

stephanie and sean said...

this sounds like the dreamiest of days! i am in love with the last picture of all your loves snuggled on the sofa. there really is something magical about a surprise snow day where there is nothing to do but stay tucked away. with that said ... i hope your spring is on the way :)

Melinda said...

I can't wait for spring to get here, either! But we're not good like that and get out in the snow. We hunker down and bear it like bears - staying in. Glad you're enjoying it!

Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittney said...

What a fabulous day! And that last pic is heart-meltingly cute!!

crystal carlson said...

Snow days are the best! Such cute pictures of the kids--looks like they had a blast!