WEDNESDAY--we started out our day with a trip to the park. It was fun to be out and about and let the kids play...until STROLLER WARS started (each kid wanted to push the ONE umbrella stroller resulting in a massive meltdown)


After the park and the meltdown we went for lunch at Pizza Hut--always a good deal when you have so many kids who eat for cheap/free... :) Unfortunately, Pizza Hut ran way low on pizza and we waited MUCH longer than we should have had to. Overall, didn't go too bad--2 time outs, about 17 dirty plates, and 6 full tummies all ready for naps. :)After nap time we loaded up the kids again and went to the mall to play and take care of a few errands. We played and played and came home right in time to get everyone tucked in bed.
Side note: when you have so many kids to get in and out of the car, it gets kind of blurry as to who needs what to be ready to go. Kaden chose 1 blue sandal and one pink ballet shoe. I realized this as he got in the car and figured we would change it when we got to the store. Well, that just didn't happen and he wandered the mall in "style". We ran into Payless to look at shoes and the salesperson came up to me wondering if his shoes were really supposed to be that way. Made for a pretty good chuckle!



THURSDAY--We got a late start doing much of anything this day. The company who was putting on our new roof finally showed up--only 3 days late. So we decided to leave while they worked. We made a stop at the Fancy McDonalds for lunch and then continued on to the Children's Museum for a few hours of play.




This shot just makes me smile over and over. Little Matthew was just chillin' in his chair and Spencer climbed up in one too.

Our friend Debbie came with us and brought her little boy Ethan and the girl she babysits named Olivia. All the little girls (Emma, Jenna, Olivia) loved the little water area and played there for a long time.


Here's Spencer--freestanding. :) He is getting more and more brave and stable!
After the museum, we knew we couldn't go home quite yet, so we decided to go to Old Time Pottery (a craft store--that is REALLY cool and REALLY cheap). Do I know what we were really thinking taking 5 children under 4 to a craft store? No. I don't.
Needless to say, it was short-lived. But a fun attempt. :)
After dinner, Brandon took over the troops and Sarah and I went out KID-FREE for shopping and some celebratory birthday ice cream at Coldstone (Happy Birthday Sarah!) We found a TERRIFIC clearance at JCPenney's and were able to get 7 (SEVEN) pairs of shoes for $48 with tax. SO exciting!!! (too bad most of them were for the kids!) I meant to take pictures of our bargains, but just didn't get to it.
It was so fun to just sit and talk over ice cream (after we finally FOUND the place!) We came home to all the kids in bed--even baby Matthew fast asleep. Brandon, you seriously deserve the BLUE RIBBON mega award for this one!
FRIDAY--We loaded all the kids up and went into Cleveland to the West Side Market. When I went to San Fransisco last month, I took some dried strawberries with me. Sarah and Emma LOVED them, and had to stock up while they were here...and the W.S. market is where they're at! We bought a GIANT watermelon and some other fruit and headed home. We noticed TONS AND TONS of garage sale signs along the way and stopped at a few. After talking with a few people we were told it was a city-wide garage sale and there were about 150 participants in a few mile radius. We snatched up a couple steals and went home to get the kids lunch.
We had originally planned a really great pink party to go with the book, "Pinkalicious". But everyone was so hungry when we got home that we just threw some stuff together. I did think up this great idea for a meal. I am sure someone along the line has thought this same thing, but I have never heard of it before--a pizzadilla (mix between a pizza and a quesadilla). We cooked up some sausage and bacon and put it with peppers and olives and cheese, folded it over and cooked it. Then we cut it like little pizza slices and dipped it in pizza sauce. A much CLEANER way to eat pizza! And I actually really liked it! :)

The best, BEST part of our day was after lunch and stories--we got everyone BACK in the car with sippy cups in tow and went shopping at garage sales. Because it was nap time, everyone fell asleep and we were able to drive up to a house, leave the car running while we scoped things out, grab our deals, and run to the next sale.
Worked out AWESOME. We really got some GREAT finds! My top finds of the day were 2 purses--NICE purses. I am pretty darn excited about this because I have been only using a diaper bag anytime we go ANYWHERE. I never understood people with a purse fetish. But after trying out these two nice leather purses, I just felt so hip and cool (which I RARELY feel) and I think I FINALLY got how some people could collect them and why they might have more than one. :)
While I will probably never buy one for full price, I COULD handle $5 for a Coach purse...
While I will probably never buy one for full price, I COULD handle $5 for a Coach purse...
When the kids woke up we went home. The day had turned TOTALLY muggy and gross. So while we cranked up the A/C inside, we started the water OUTSIDE for the kids. They played outside for a long time--ate outside--and went back to the water again afterward. :)



A GIGANTIC THANKS to Sarah for babysitting the kids while Brandon and I went on a date to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was so nice to get out and about and spend some time with him and it gave me a chance to wear one of my new pairs of shoes ($10 from Penney's). Now, this is not a pair of shoes I normally would have gotten. And I don't know really WHAT came over me...but I loved these shoes. Cute, simple, different from the norm...and the picture doesn't quite do them justice. It was fun to put them on and try to dress myself up as much as my frizzy hair would allow. :)

And here's the glorious new purse--RED, my favorite color...I got one purse in brown (and a different style) for more everyday use. But this night was special, and deserved the "special" bag. :) I just LOVE It.


We came home and got everyone in bed and then stayed up WAY too late...
It has been SO fun having Sarah here. The days just FLEW by and I wished I could somehow make them multiply instead of subtract. I only hope we can see each other again sooner than later...why do there have to be SO MANY miles between us?
The time to go has come way too soon!
16 comments:
How fun!!! I love that red purse. Shopping, ice cream, girl time...that sounds like a blast!!
I love the purse and the SHOES! Darling! And $10?? Lucky you!
i'm happy that you guys had such a fun time together. i missed out on the garage sales... bummer!
Looks like you had an awesome visit with your sister and her kids! I am so jealous...I would love to get my sisters out here to TX. Love the shoes and purse. Red is my favorite accessory color too!
Ok Rachel,
Give it up! Where in the world did you find a Coach purse for $5? I have to know!! I do not shop on Sunday, but this will take GREAT restraint!!
Really cute purse!! And shoes too!! You are a lucky woman!!
You have so many fun adventures! I'm glad your visit with Sarah was so great, and that you were able to fit in so many fun things. I love the new purse - very stylish!
You have so many cute pictures. We really had such a fun time and I'm SO glad we came. Next time we will have to stay longer because that week just went way too fast. Thanks for letting us come!
It sounds like you all had a great week together. =) I'm glad you were able to get out and do lots of fun stuff! Love the pictures. --Jenny
I feel like it's been so long since I've been able to look at your blog! So much to catch up on you busy woman! I just don't feel right if I'm not able to see and read about what you and your lovely family have been up to! I am just in awe of all the opportunities and experiences you give your wee ones! They are SO lucky to have you.
About the craft store......you were really brave to try going in there with 5 small children! Looks like you you guys had SO much fun though! Love the red purse and those darling shoes!
looks like you found some great deals!
Oh my goodness, that sounds so fun, but I am exhausted just from reading it!
(not because it was long, because you did so many fun and wonderful and energy-consuming things!)
I am glad to hear that you and your sister had so much fun! The Childrens Museum looks like a lot of fun. As soon as my boys are walking we will have to go. Maybe this winter? I love your new shoes and purse (my two fetishes! LOL) Very cute and great deals.
Post a Comment