Saturday, August 23, 2008

TOY BOAT

Summer lovin' book on a sunny Saturday--TOY BOAT.

We made cute little floating boats out of a sponge (new, don't worry!), a straw, and some construction paper (though if I had this to do over, I would think of something that would hold up in the water, like maybe a transparency.)

The kids were so thrilled and ran to the bathtub right away to test out their new boats. Smiles turned to frowns when they splashed too much and their sails sunk. Like I said, waterproof material for next time. :) But they are still excited and talking about them.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Transparency would work, or foam. I don't know if the foam would end up weighing the sponge down a little, though. Really cute idea!

Carly said...

RACHEL you are awesome! As soon as Stella is old enough to do these projects I will be reading through your archives! haha!