Friday, August 22, 2008

Rockside Station--choo, choo

After we took Brandon to school this morning, the kids and I went to do a little exploring. I knew they would love the train station, so we headed that way. It was a dream come true... :) The ran along the train tracks yelling "CHOO, CHOO".

For those of you who are concerned that I would actually let my kids run on railroad tracks, I was sure that there wasn't a train coming for at least a few hours because that is what the schedule said. Now, I can say that calmly now, but the truth is I didn't let them play TOO long on the tracks. I was so paranoid that every sound I heard was a train coming. :) But they had fun while I did let them...


Poor Spencer--I am pretty sure that just about every outing we go on, there is a picture of him buckled in somewhere...his carseat, the stroller, etc.




When we finally DID let Spencer out, he followed Kaden around like a lost little puppy. It melted my heart...
This was the absolute best attempt at a shot of the 3 kids together. I am definitely gonna take Brandon back with me sometime to get actual pictures taken. It's SO much easier when someone is there to help and I love the background there--so many cute places to take pics..
In the afternoon, some friends of ours were moving so we watched their little girl. She was just a little too young to really understand playing with Jenna. Jenna followed her around trying to get her to dress up and play pretend, when really Kylan just wanted to read books and do her own thing. It was quite a sight...and poor Jenna looked so sad. So I invited one of Jenna's other friends over to dress up and keep her company. It was pretty funny at dinner time to see a table filled with 5 little ones, each needing something different at the same time someone else needed another thing. But all in all a success--

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such a fun outing! Zaylee loves trains, she would really love something like that.

The Wyler Family said...

that does look like a great place to take pictures. we'll have to check it out sometime.

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

that looks like such a cool place. Cute pictures.

Malissa said...

You are so good at taking photos. I love the pictures and the place you went to take them. Looks like a great outing. It is fun to see Spencer finally walking. Your littls ones are really cute.

Jenny and Travis said...

Thanks for sharing these pics of the kids. I always love to see them, though it makes me miss them so bad! It melted my heart too to see Spence following Kaden around (though Spence always melts my heart). Cute picture of the 3 of them! What a great outing idea. --Jenny

Doug and Mallena said...

You really should hire out with your photography. Just don't do it until you use us as a "practice" family. You do an amazing job and you have such an eye for great shots.

Jessica said...

Wonderful and beautiful pics! I love the one of Jenna and Kaydn walking with the shot of their backs. Beautiful!

Our Little Family said...

Have you taken a photography class? Those pics are really REALLY great! Do you have a special camera?

Dez said...

Rachel, all of your pictures are so precious! I wish I could capture moments like you do!