We went to the zoo today with some friends--Dina, Holly, and Julie (+Jackson). WOW, was I SO thankful for the extra hands! Thanks girls for pushing strollers, holding kids, finding kids, lifting kids...and for being great company as we trudged up that RIDICULOUS hill while I pushed my giant double stroller with 60+ pounds of warm bodies in it as the zoo shuttle passed us by...guess we know for next time. :)Saw lots of animals--and people. Every Monday is free zoo day, and lots of people take advantage of that. :) But it was a great time...the giraffe's were the end of our tour today, and what we had looked so forward to seeing. What beautiful animals! I am so in awe at their splendor (though, they do look extremely uncomfortable when they try to sit down.)
9 comments:
Hey just wanted to say thanks for inviting me! It was so fun! I hope we can do it again soon! You are a great friend and I'm just excited to get to know you better. Just wanted you to know that. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with all of you.
Wow how fun!! Free Zoo day...reason 235 I need to move to Ohio!!
i love that pic. we hope to make it to the zoo sometime this week too. i can't wait to see the baby giraffe.
How come my picture of the giraffe doesn't look that good?! You are amazing! Thanks for the invite and helping me find the zoo. We loved it and would go again anytime.
The ZOO is a winter activity here. The animals don't get out much in the summer time. I can't imagine why with the weather in the 100+ degrees. We do love the Zoo and are looking forward to visiting this fall.
Mindi :)
ps I agree, your pictures amaze me.
Sounds like a very fun/tiresome day!
I tagged you! Check out our blog to find out the rules.
Way good picture! You are totally awesome! I had a BLAST! The hill was difinitely ridiculous but I thought that the monkeys were totally worth! YOu kids are sooo much fun too! I had a blast! Thanks for hanging out with us
There wasn't a place to comment on your parenting post, so I thought I'd post my thoughts here.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! No matter how bad you may feel, how terribly you think you're doing, all the things you do that seem wrong to you, all the bad parent moments, remember that other parents (particularly me) feel the same way. Please don't think we love you any less because you're less than perfect. We know that. And it's okay.
You little stinker! - I don't know how you did it, but somehow you made it so I can't leave a comment on your post. :) Too bad!!!
I just want you to know what I've come to realize (and what I have to re-realize often) . . . the LORD sent those children to you, Rachel. Do you really think that he didn't know that you're retarded?! :) LOL! That you would make mistakes? That you would feel like you're a failure? OF COURSE he did! AND - he STILL sent them to you. There's no one better for those kids than you are, Rachel. And no one better for you. We are not sent an instruction manual with our children, are we? So, therefore, we were meant to make mistakes. Meant to feel like we can't do it --- at least not alone. They are HIS children - that still means that he is their parent -- and YOURS too. He'll guide them, he'll heal them, he'll make up for the mistakes. -- He'll do the same for you too. --- Isn't it part of the Plan to know that we can't do it on our own? That we are flawed? - What else would we need the atonement for? It's called humility. Your being a parent is as much for your children's learning as it is for yours. I know of nothing more refining than being a mother.
Trust me, lady, I KNOW how you feel. My sister posted a quote today that I thought was great - - - http://wendienorton.blogspot.com/2008/08/muddling-along.html - - - I think it's appropriate.
Post a Comment