As I write this, the kids are all fast asleep in a naptime dreamland--it feels quiet and calm.
It's just me, the clicking of the keyboard and the hum of the air conditioner. It feels peaceful and I feel content...like I could just wrap up this moment and all my emotions and package it for sale as 100% pure happiness.
We had a wonderful morning. We were all up, ready, in the car, and on the road to take Brandon to school at 8:40 a.m. I love it when we get going early and can fill our day with fun things at the beginning of the day. It makes the time fly by! We are definitely morning people in this house!
We decided that today was all about the library, and that we would go library hopping (go from one library to the next). I set aside 30-45 minutes at each one and figured we would have snacks in between and then go home for lunch before our final stop. But we had such a great time at the first one that we ended up staying longer. :) As we were leaving the parking lot, I saw a little line of playhouses out of the corner of my eye. I was so CURIOUS as to what it was! After pulling the car around, I saw it was a big park with a safety town attached. Our library hopping plans were out the window and the kids were out of the car and headed straight for the park. How have I never seen this???
This place was downright COOL. It had a big kid play place and a little kid play place...
climbing walls, cars to "ride" in, dinosaurs to climb, swings, etc. It had this great little gazebo in the middle for nice shade, and benches all over. The best part (is this the part that shows I am a parent??) is that there were NICE indoor bathrooms and drinking fountains.



Even little Spence got in on the action. I just know he will LOVE the playground next year when he can make his own way around...I can't believe he will be walking soon!
Jenna wasn't sure what this pole was for...so, they used it as a horse. :) Took some explaining...
Here is the little Safety Town (the houses I saw). SO cute. It has several real street signs, a traffic light, etc. and is lined with little houses. I can't wait to take the kids and their bikes back for a fun bikeride through the town and the little countryside. :)
I'll spare you all the pictures, because you know I ALWAYS post way too many. But if you are interested in more, you can see the Ohio adventure blog...I will post more there.All in all, a successful morning...I think we are getting back into our routine rather well. See? Nothing to be scared of! :)
9 comments:
Fun Fun Fun - Ohio has the best parks. Your kids must love it!
I'll buy that 100% happiness. How much's it goin' for? I'm so glad you are feelng happy and peaceful and content :) That park looks like such a cute place :) Our parks here are all old battle grounds with cannons and (boring) stuff like that. If you've seen one cannon you've seen em all if you catch my drift :)
what a great park! i'm glad you stumbled upon it and that you guys had such a fun and happy morning. i'll have to get the details so i can go sometime.
What a way cool place! Really, you find the most amazing and fun things to do and go to with your kids!!
That looks like a great park, and I love the fact that you guys are so open to throwing out the plans if something else (possibly better?) comes along!
This one looks like fun! We will have to make a trip there soon. Thanks for sharing and letting me know about all these great places.
What a cool park. We don't have many cool parks where we live. I love to see all of the place you are able to take your children. I am glad that the first day back was good. I does seem kinda scarry to be doing all alone. It looks like there is nothing to worry about. Glad you found your park. :)
WoW! This park looks so fun! I wish we had stuff like that around here! You always find the funnest places!! Maybe I should have you come here, and you can find all the fun places around here for me! :)
Those houses are so adorable! My father in law wants to build a little house in our backyard someday so I'll have to show him these pictures! I love peaceful moments. I cherish them so much especially since they are so few and far between...
Post a Comment