I had been waiting to read this until we had a chance to go berry picking so we could incorporate an outside activity into this read. So when our local berry farm opened for picking today, we could hardly wait!
After picking a basket of berries (and eating a few too) we headed for the grocery store to pick up several other kinds of berries. Blackberries, blueberries and Strawberries were all added to the cart. When we got home, I washed and sliced up all the fruit and put it in muffin tins. I had seen this idea online before (wish I could remember where!) and thought this would be a fun time to try it out. I wanted the kids to taste each kind of berry and see what they thought since we haven't tried FRESH blueberries or blackberries before. Jenna ate ALL OF THEM. Every single kind. She didn't care for the blueberries too much at first, but ate every last one. Kaden ate the berries really well also. And Spencer, well...he eats pretty much EVERYTHING. A success...
Added to our berry tasting were some carrots, cheese sticks, turkey rolls, and wheat thins. It was really a fun way to do lunch and pack in some extra nutrients.


Added to our berry tasting were some carrots, cheese sticks, turkey rolls, and wheat thins. It was really a fun way to do lunch and pack in some extra nutrients.

13 comments:
What a great idea! I am always so impressed at how much you do with your kids, and what fun, creative things you can come up with!
what a fun idea! you should publish a book with all your lovin' summer book ideas. i think it would be a huge success.
Did you get the muffin tin idea from the Creative Blog? I saw that today and thought it was the cutest idea! I wanted to put our lunch in muffin tins, but we really need to go shopping and so we don't have any great muffin tin finger foods. I love the idea of going to a berry farm, that sounds so fun!
That book brings back good memories. I remember my little sister loved it so much when she was tiny...we all had it memorized.
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. My kids will love this! The pics are great too!
What a great idea! And a good way to get kids to try something new.
Great idea. I pack the kids' lunches in a bento type container that allows me to pack them lunches similar to your muffin tin creation. It's a healthier version of a Lunchable, since they aren't big sandwich eaters.
That is one of my favorite books ever! What fun!
Neat idea with the fruit and veggies!
I love jamberry!
I love the muffin tin idea. I wonder if it would help my kids eat a larger variety of fruits and veggies.
I would love to go get some fresh berries...YUM...and I love the idea of putting the fruit and snacks in a muffin tin. Great idea!
Post a Comment