Monday, August 25, 2008

ISH

Our summer lovin' book was ISH...and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book! It has such a great lesson--that you can be you and do beautiful things just by being YOU.
So for our project we decided to paint however we felt like painting. I bought these little wooden cars from Walmart for .88 cents each. The kids LOVED them and were so excited to paint their car to make it their own. :)





If you can't tell, we had a DISASTER afterwards. Mainly because Kaden decided that he would streak his face with white and green and then pour out an entire bottle of paint and wipe the wall with his hands. No worries Jane (my landlord), the paint came off. :)
But hey, being creative-ish was all worth it. :)

8 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun! You are a great mom. I don't know how you do it. You should be very proud!:)

The Wyler Family said...

this is one of my favorite books. i love their cars. so fun!

Angela said...

You always do the coolest crafts with your kids. It looks like so much fun! What an awesome mom with such great ideas!

Kevin said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I love reading about your book and craft projects. You have the cutest ideas!

Marnie said...

Ok, the previous comment was posted by me...sorry! I didn't realize that Kevin's account was logged into our blog instead of mins. I am sure that he would love the project too though..hee..hee

Our Little Family said...

We will have to try and find this book at the library! Thanks for the recommendation sometimes it hard to know which books are really fun and which ones are just cute!

The cars look AWESOME! You cant beat a cheap craft like that! Isn't funny how the after math of a craft is a little intense but they have SO MUCH fun you know its worth it! THANKS FOR THE GOOD IDEAS, AS ALWAYS!

Malissa said...

You are so good to do all the many projects with you children. Their cars look really good!

Sarah said...

Cute idea! I love the little cars. I have never read that book we will have to give it a try.