The version we read was actually in a book my mom gave us called "Mouse Cookies & More" that has the collection of If you give a....stories, recipes to go with the stories (cookies, muffins, pancakes, etc.) the written music to several songs for each story, plus a CD with the stories being read and some really cute songs. WE LOVE THIS COLLECTION! It is a nice hardbound book, and I saw it online today brand new at Barnes and Noble for about $17.00--TOTALLY worth it. The songs alone are worth that price. So cute...and my kids go crazy with giggles and dance all over the place when we turn it on.
For our project, we carried over some of our activity from yesterday--picking raspberries. We made a triple batch of raspberry muffins with our fresh raspberries, and read the Moose story to go with it. They were delicious...
There is a part in the story where the moose eats and eats and eats the muffins till they are all gone. We probably would have done that same thing if I hadn't bagged them up and put them in the freezer. We love doing this with muffins ahead of time because they make a great FAST breakfast (and make me feel like I actually cooked, especially when I don't feel like it).
Will post the recipe soon on my recipe blog...so be looking if you are interested.
Will post the recipe soon on my recipe blog...so be looking if you are interested.
5 comments:
I have the mouse cookies and more book too. It's a great one. I think we got ours at Costco a few years ago...
fun! those muffins look so yummy!
Looks like alot of fun. MMMMM Muffins sound so good right now.
The book with the CD sounds like a good investment. You are so creative. Oh by the way, those muffins look really yummy!
I love that series of books! Matt's mom is a kindergarden teacher and we talk about them all the time. And your muffins look so yummy! I can't wait for your recipe.
Post a Comment