This weekend is our 5 year anniversary. We were able to find a sitter and are going to spend 5 hours out on the town celebrating...
But my problem is this...how should we spend those 5 glorious, kid free hours??
What would be a GREAT idea for an anniversary date? We are open to anything...fun, romantic, etc. As long as we are doing all things we wouldn't normally do with kids. Unfortunately, it has been SO long since we have had this kind of free-time and we can't possibly think what we can do without kids!
I am BEGGING for suggestions!
14 comments:
If you can afford it (because it's really expensive), "The Melting Pot" is a fancy fondue restaurant that is an anniversary/Valentine's/very special occasion type place. There's one in Beachwood, same shopping center as the Cheesecake Factory.
If you could get a little more than 5 hours, a trip to the temple would probably be nice. If not, definitely go to a nice kid free restaurant.
I will keep thinking. Do you have a budget?
Here are some of my ideas of things I wouldn't do with my little ones:
Hot air balloon ride
Photo scavenger hunt (maybe of things that remind you of each other)
Massage--you can set it up so that you can both get a massage at the same time in the same room
Dinner in a fancy-schmancy restaurant that you made reservations for, have the waiter surprise your husband with a gift from you
Watch the sunset and talk, or in silence (silence with kids is nearly impossible)
Ice skating, with hot cocoa afterward
Take a dance class together
Go dancing--or find a roof or garden to dance in (bring a portable CD player for music)
Float out on a lake in a boat and have a candlelight dinner (and maybe go for a swim). Finish the night with s'mores.(this one I found online)
Go to a busy place and pick a person to follow around until you get bored, then switch people. Or choose a star or cloud or something else to follow for the night.
Go swimming together
Go to a loud concert, or the symphony, or the ballet (then you can dress up!)
Go on a hike and have a picnic at the end
Skydiving
Airplane ride around the city
Have a progressive dinner where you go to a different restaurant for each course (appetizer, salad, entree, dessert, etc.). Take turns picking the restaurants.
Go to a comedy club
Some great ideas posted already! If you like dancing (Dave & I do), find a place and go dancing, since that's not something you'd usually do with kids. Group it with some of the other romantic ideas shared. Happy Anniversary!
I would be suprised if you couldnt come up with something fun after reading the previous comments. WOW, there is a lot of great ideas!!
One thought, would be to split the time into 2- so for 2 1/2 hrs, YOU be the one to plan, and then for the other 2 1/2 hrs, he is in charge. Could be fun-
One of the best dates my husband and I ever had was the night we had a progressive dinner.
We started at one restaurant for appetizers, then moved on to another one for the main course, and had dessert at a new place. It was SO MUCH FUN to take our time and really enjoy each other, and our food.
It was a very long date with the travel and the time we had to wait to be seated at each restaurant. It worked out perfectly, though, because by the time we ordered our next course, we weren't so full from the previous one.
We took a moonlit stroll through a really beautiful park before we ate dessert (to help us burn off some of the food), and it was perfect.
I'm going to have to plan something like that again... soon. :D
Happy Anniversary! I don't think that I am that creative to come up with ideas and any of the previous ones sound great. I know that I just like to sit and talk and have an uninterrupted conversation with my hubby, and obviously you couldn't do that for five hours. Good luck!
Oh and I love your EXHAUSTED post. Sounds familiar.
If it were me, and I had a budget of say $50, I'd find a quiet, quaint little restaurant where I could enjoy a kid-free meal AND get dessert. :0) Then I'd drive to the beach (since you do live near water), pull the car up close enough to hear the music, and have a private dance on the lake (with my own special romantic music mix). Follow that up with a long dusk/moonlight walk.
Or, better yet, don't get dessert at the first restaurant. Let your food digest and then stop for dessert after the beach...
That's what I'd do. :0)
are you handy enough to have a fire on the beach. get take out, make a fire, eat dinner, snuggle, talk, etc, and then roast your smores when your not so full from the dinner. i love to go enjoy the out doors with out having to worry about one of my kids wondering off or drowning. good luck and have fun!!!!
I'm so excited for you! I don't know if I could add anything to the suggestions already given! They all sound great! Brandon (my hubby) and I like to go window shopping together and dream.
Ok- this is boring to some people- but go see a movie. You could even sit in the back and "canoodle." Very RARELY do I ever go to a theatre anymore- a typical "date," but moms don't ever get to do it w/o interuptions.
Ohhh- I just read all the other ideas.... a movie is boring.
The scavenger hunt- fun.
RELAX on the beach- fun.
Go somewhere like the beach that you would usually be having all of your attention on the kids and just relax! Close your eyes worry free.
ok - as lame as this sounds, doug and i recently got away for dinner and putt putt or goofy golf and we had so much fun playing it together without the kids. we didnt want a movie because we wanted time to interact. it was a blast and then we got ice cream afterward...
For your anniversary, we decided to do something for you. We went to the Snoasis tonight and ate a cheesecake snowie in honor of you two! Hope you guys can add to this fantastic start and have a wonderful evening tomorrow! =) Happy Anniversary! --Jenny and Travis
For our anniversary we went out to a nice dinner, shopped, and played glow in the dark minature golf...I know how boring are we? LOL It was fun though. I love the idea of going dancing I have always wanted to do that and would love too, hmm...maybe next year. I am sure you will come up with something fun you are really good at that.
Post a Comment