Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How will we get to the beach?

We picked up several books from the library today, but we did our project from one we already have. I LOVE this book--can't say enough about it!
For our project we made little sand art. I picked up the funky plastic bottles on clearance and the sand I got from Walmart. We did each color to represent an item in the book (orange spotted ball, blue book, etc.) because the book is actually a memory game and the kids LOVE it. So this was just a fun reminder. Each kid got to choose how much of each color and help pour the sand through a funnel into the bottle.


I then superglued the lids to the top so that we will hopefully not have our own indoor beach... :)
Loved this project...was really, really fun and simple.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute idea! I actually used to make these when I was younger! LOL My parents bought me a kit for my birthday one year and I loved making them! We have never read that book I will have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! That book was sooooo cute! Madison and I got that one at the library a few weeks ago and it was great!

Sarah said...

I'm back online and there is SO much to catch up on. So, all in one comment...
I love this craft idea. Where do you get the colored sand?
The peanut butter chocolate dessert looks SOOOO good. Gonna have to try it soon.
I'm jealous of your new park. Well, all of the parks really. Gonna have to find a way to come visit and spend a couple weeks.
Glad you're feeling better and things are going smoothly with school starting.

Malissa said...

Great project. Their sand bottles came out really cute. Good idea about the super glue!

The Wyler Family said...

i love how excited they are about their bottles of colored sand!

Melinda said...

I love it! I've wanted to do something like that and you've just put the perfect book with it. Must try it out, too!

Michele said...

You are so creative. I'm amazed you have the patience to do all this with 3 kids. I don't think I would have the patience. I need to try though.

Serendipity said...

I've never seen this book. We live by the beach, so I'm especially excited to try to find it.

Fun catching up on your book ideas...looks like you've been having a lot of fun!