Friday, August 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!


It's been one whole year since our little Spencer boy was born. I can hardly believe that so much time has passed already. I still remember so vividly the days when he was so tiny and I wanted to frame that very moment so I wouldn't ever forget. I look at all the pictures from the past year and am amazed at how big he has grown! He is turning into a little boy...no longer my little snuggle bug baby. I am so proud of him though--proud of all he is learning and doing. But most of all I am proud to be his mom.

When I see Spencer, I see hope in things unknown. I was terrified at the prospect of 3 children--I wasn't sure I could be a good enough mom for yet another little person. I even remember being in the hospital and feeling like I could hold off having him for as long as possible because then EVERYTHING would change. And you know what? Everything DID change. But it changed in a way that I could never have planned myself. Spencer has brought me a new outlook on life and plans and loving. I feel so blessed to have him in my life...I think we ALL feel that way.

Spencer is such a smiler! As I was looking through the pictures from the past year, I had a terrible time choosing because he just melted my heart in almost every single one. Always big, bright eyes and such innocence. As I watched him today, I realized how far he has come in such a short time. I remember worrying that he would never roll over or crawl because of how much his siblings "loved" / attacked him. Now he is off and climbing everything he can. He stands on his own and gets around WAY to quickly. I love to see him watching Jenna and Kaden...you can just see him planning his next move to try to get involved in whatever they are doing!

Sweet Spencer--we love you so much! Thank you for all you have taught us in such a short time...thank you for your precious smile, your sweet cuddles, and your contagious giggles. You make life so much better!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

































17 comments:

Ivy & Mae said...

cute cute pictures (I love the one from the back, in the swing)

Happy Birthday!

(babies grow way too fast)

CissaLynn said...

Awwww! Adorable!!! Happy Birthday Spencer!!!! I love how you put into words your feelings for him! My favorite pic (they are all so good), but I especially liked the up close face one where he is on a red blanket w/the green grass behind him! That one really stood out for me! His face is too, too cute!!! :))

Melinda said...

Happy birthday! Way cute pictures and sweet memories!

princess jen said...

OMG!! He's such a cutie! So adorable and so sweet. What a lucky mom you are.

The Wyler Family said...

what a sweet little post! i love all the pictures!

Kris said...

Happy b-day little spencer! He is a cutie!
How fun that his b-day is 8-8-08 (same day as the olympics)

Nicia said...

Happy Birthday! He's such a cutie!

Jenny and Travis said...

What a beautiful, smiley guy! Pictures of him always brighten my day. Happy Birthday Spencer! We are so glad you are apart of our big family, and we love you so much! --Jenny and Travis

lynsey said...

happy birthday to a really really cute guy!

stephanie and sean said...

happy birthday little man! wow he has changed so much in just a year! he is so handsome :) and you you just can't go wrong with cupcakes! I'm glad we all got to celebrate along with you :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! I love the pic of him pulling on his ears! LOL Very cute!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Spencer! Cute pictures. He really is a cute little guy. Hopefully we'll get to see him (and all the rest of you) soon!

AprilF said...

Happy Birthday!!

What a cutie!

jmholloway said...

He is absolutely precious. Babies are just so innocent and sweet, they make everything better. I LOVE the pictures(as always), they come very close to capturing all the cuteness(nothing could ever capture it all-but yours come a lot closer than mine).

I love you,

Mindi :)

oh yeah--Happy Birthday, Spencer!

Mindy said...

What a cutie! 1 year olds are fun... most of the time!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Spencer! I am so glad you bring your Mommy so much joy! Your smiles are beautiful, but you need to stop growing up! :-) Just stay little and snuggly for Mommy, okay?

Kathy Whittle said...

What a cutie! Can't believe he's already 1 year old.