Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day = FUN day

Labor day..no big plans here. Just mainly to take a drive out to pick up a stroller we bought off of Craigslist and then maybe have a picnic and laze around the house.

We DID go on our drive out to pick up the stroller, but our day turned in to much more than we planned!

The people selling the stroller were SO NICE. The invited us to stay the morning and play on their AMAZING playground, while they took Jenna to fish from their pond as we visited and passed the morning hours. They have an AWESOME property--I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the whole thing! It was beautiful...the pond, the little dock, the barn (which we learned was only for entertainment purposes...parties, tv, etc.) the play area, their home, the acres and trees and garden...wow.

I know it sounds so strange of us, and really it WAS. But it was a FUN strange and we had a great time. :)

While we were chatting they brought up the location of a splash park, which we were SO excited about! When they realized we obviously had no swimsuits, the wife ran in and gathered up swimsuits for the boys and a change of clothes for Jenna, swim diapers, and beach towels and told us to go have fun and not worry about returning anything. :) SO, after loading up our stroller, our new swim attire, a box of fresh picked apples, and a Cozy Coupe that the kids fell TOTALLY in love with, we were ready to go.

Can you believe how NICE these people were? I am still so shocked. I REALLY HOPE that we will always be that kind of family...always willing to share and invite and give. Their generosity really touched me.

Just a shot of part of their little play area.

And we were off--off to the splash park to have TONS of fun! I am SO excited we finally found one here--and it was FREE, like the one in Rexburg. YEAH! Kaden was CRAZY, RUNNING all over the place. NO FEAR. Not one bit. It was quite funny to watch.
Spencer was really not too into it...just sit and watched...





Oh, and this was a funny sign I saw as we were leaving--the truck parked next to us had a sign that said "yes, this is my truck. No, I can't help move you"
HAHAHAHA!!!!
We picked up lunch on the way home and the kids went for a nap as soon as we got home. When they woke up we went for a long walk and visited some friends in our neighborhood. PERFECT weather. Perfect! I actually felt GUILTY for having such nice weather when I knew Gustav was making it's way through the Southern U.S.

We came home and had tasty barbecue leftovers...hit the sack...and then enjoyed the evening.

Couldn't ask for a better day...random as it was. :)

14 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun day! Don't you just love holidays? Especially the ones where your husband doesn't have to go to school. LOL

Nicia said...

Wow! That really was so nice of that family to share all that stuff with you. Great pictures of the splash park! How fun!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT!?!?! That is the greatest story ever... I can't believe how nice that family was. I love things that are totally unexpected. I'm glad it was a good time!! Have a good rest of the week!! It's gonna be rough from now til next friday :(

Dez said...

That really does sound like an amazing day! And it's so fun when it is unexpected! You guys must have had some good karma coming to you, well deserved I'm sure!!

Camille said...

whoa. that is amazing. what an amazing couple you met! I love how you want to pay it forward- you will have to take them Christmas cookies!

Laura said...

Wow! That's awesome! Gosh, you have the best luck with these things!

The life of Jayne said...

That is so cool, Sounds like you had an awesome day! Those water parks are SO fun for kids!

The Two of Us!! said...

So....where is this splash park? I wanna go!! :)

nicole @ tony said...

Sounds like you had a good laber day. I am glad. Your kids are getting so big.

The Wyler Family said...

wow, what a fun day!

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm always amazed at how you run into these types of people.

heidi said...

I LOVE that picture of Jenna fishing with the red barn reflection. So awesome!

Brian and Camilla Freeman said...

Can't beat a free splash park. Didn't know they had any of those around here!

I'm working on your aprons, by the way. Just have not had many free moments to work on them!

Malissa said...

Going to the splash park is so much fun. I love the picture of Kaden in the water. He looks so cute. He looks like he is doing the happy dance.